Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Greed 26 Aug 2018 09:06 #789817

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Back in the heyday of Kzrider, about 10 years ago, Nad's posted mind-boggling deep and poetic posts. No single human could comprehend the intricacies of the posts as it was beyond the bandwidth of a mere mortal. The most one could hope for was to get the overall gist of the post... then simply move on with ones lesser existence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, SWest, old_kaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greed 26 Aug 2018 10:19 #789820

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269

SWest wrote: Almost sent this to problem threads. Decided not to when the members took care of it themselves. :whistle:
Steve

This guy is a regular "Jack Handy" with some pretty heavy deep thoughts out there. After a quick glance at his prior postings, I am particularly amused with his posting on how Z1 gaskets caused his KZ to burn so much oil that he stopped adding it,. then he ruined his engine.. all Z1's fault for sure. ???? Buhahaha. Time for another 2X4 my friend. duh

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:

Greed 26 Aug 2018 11:46 #789822

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2609
We've had another member posting disparaging comments about a well known distributor. The first ones he got a pass. After that he was warned then banned. He's back and behaving himself for the most part. Criticism is one thing but there ARE limits. That goes for anyone.
It's OK to bark once in a while but NOT ALL NIGHT LONG FOR CRST SAKE. :evil:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Greed 28 Aug 2018 18:59 #789936

• zukdave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 229

loudhvx wrote: Back in the heyday of Kzrider, about 10 years ago, Nad's posted mind-boggling deep and poetic posts. No single human could comprehend the intricacies of the posts as it was beyond the bandwidth of a mere mortal. The most one could hope for was to get the overall gist of the post... then simply move on with ones lesser existence.

Was some good reading at times other times he'd leave you scratching your head thinking WTF did I just read.
1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

Greed 28 Aug 2018 19:06 #789937

• zukdave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 229

old_kaw wrote:

SWest wrote: Almost sent this to problem threads. Decided not to when the members took care of it themselves. :whistle:
Steve

This guy is a regular "Jack Handy" with some pretty heavy deep thoughts out there. After a quick glance at his prior postings, I am particularly amused with his posting on how Z1 gaskets caused his KZ to burn so much oil that he stopped adding it,. then he ruined his engine.. all Z1's fault for sure. ???? Buhahaha. Time for another 2X4 my friend. duh

Not even close!! Go look at his profile and read some of his posts.
1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

Greed 28 Aug 2018 20:07 #789946

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I'm afraid we may have lost a lot of the classics. He should have many pages of previous posts, but I can't access them. They don't show up when you click on the page.

I'm talking about 10 years ago. The ones from last year and this year are more "normal".

Google still seems to have some examples.
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Greed 28 Aug 2018 23:01 #789950

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269
"Not even close!! Go look at his profile and read some of his posts."

I did read a few. I saw several postings bashing Z1, (Z-none?) like this one. One post stated his bike leaked oil so bad using their parts / gasket sets, that he quit adding oil, then burnt up his motor (showed them!).. etc,

yes some so heavy and off in some parallel universe, that it did leave me thinking.. um.. wtf? refs of a 2X4 (I assume a 24Oz beer?) But then again, not exactly my type of reading.

The jack handy stuff is more satire, and I find it amusing. Another one of nads fellow philosophers.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.

Last edit: by old_kaw. Reason: hmmmmm

Greed 07 Sep 2018 13:12 #790453

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 175
We always welcome feedback, as we continue to provide quality parts for these old bikes. It is a challenge to be a major supplier with a changing customer base. There's been a down turn in demand for vintage bike parts (just look at the number of active KZRider members to gauge this). Combining companies to gain some economies of scale has helped us to continue R&D and provide some purchasing advantages to keep prices competitive in the marketplace. By combining similar companies, like Z1 Ent, Mikes XS, Dime City and Randakk’s, we hope to offer more products for your classic machines.

If you are not familiar, across the industry there’s been many companies disappearing in the past few years. Additionally, the impact of ebay and amazon is felt by niche companies like ours as we try to compete on product pricing and shipping costs. We simply could not compete if we kept operating independently.

As to what I do these days - I handle most of the buying for Mikes, Z1 and Randakk’s – so I’m not out of the picture. I’m just focused on trying to source all the parts we sell – and those challenges are getting greater. More and more we have to directly source parts with manufacturers as there’s no other alternative – and that is expensive. Gone are the days where we could buy a handful of parts from a USA distributor - now we are obligated to buy 100, 500 or even more of an item and take more of a risk that it will be the right part for our customers.

Randakks, Mikes, Dime City and Z1 were all started by enthusiasts who wanted to help keep or get bikes on the road – and that premise has not changed. We are still a small lean organization despite the mergers and we are still dedicated to obtaining the parts needed to keep these old classics on the road.

Lastly, we are always interested in objective feedback on parts we sell – and are always looking to improve product. If you have constructive ideas on parts – let us know. If you think a ‘brand B’ product is better than what we sell, please let us know. Oh, and it’s not greed, just simply survival.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed, z1kzonly, slmjim+Z1BEBE, TexasKZ, bluej58, KZJOE900, Street Fighter LTD, SWest and 2 other people also said thanks.

Greed 07 Sep 2018 15:49 #790457

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512
Thanks Jeff! :) :) I am making a small order next week. Valve seals and cam idler rubbers!
I know it is not much, but I always get my parts from you!
It is also 50/50 buyers have to be smart as well, as to the order they want to place!
I was in Logistics for 33 years. Taught Safety class's, ISO 9001 class's, Ergonomics-move smart programs, etc.
And I came to the conclusion that!
"You Can't Teach Common Sense" !!!

Marty in Buffalo!
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Greed 09 Sep 2018 07:00 #790551

• ThatGPzGuy
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • More Sparky than Speed Racer
  • Thank you received: 373
Just rec'd my latest order. Perfect and fast... as always.
Jim
North GA
2016 Yamaha FJR1300ES
1982 GPz750 R1
1974 Kawasaki H1
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1979 Yamaha XS650 cafe'
2001 KZ1000P
2001 Yamaha YZ426
1981 Honda XR200 stroked in an '89 CR125 chassis
1965 Mustang
1967 Triumph GT6
1976 Bronco
"If you didn't build it, it's not really yours"

• Page: