Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 25 Dec 2015 00:17 #704278

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
I feel your pain, I had my KZ650 set on fire a couple months ago in San Fransisco. Its just part of living in a metropolitan area, there are more assholes in a smaller area. Buy a beater or a bike you are not really attached to, and cross your fingers. I actually like the idea of leaving a spark plug lying on the motor, that way you give them a choice at least.
Cities/states with some of the harshest crime polices also have the highest crime rates, it really has very little to do with criminal punishment. Poverty is the main indicator of crime. Cities/states that have high poverty levels usually have the highest crime rates, plain and simple. San Fransisco is actually low for crime on a national scale because the poverty level is relatively low, Oakland on the other hand.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DoctoRot.

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 25 Dec 2015 03:23 #704281

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2613
It's only going to get worse. A new law comes into effect 01/01/2016 allowing illegal aliens to stay in California even after being convicted of a crime. Also Meth possession has been reduced to a misdemeanor. Meth is at the heart of almost every crime in our area.
Steve

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 25 Dec 2015 04:13 #704285

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
My son is home for the holiday and we've been talking about his bike, he doesn't even ride it now because of where he lives in Oakland.
He has it stashed in Berkeley and is considering selling it and getting something they are less app t to mess with.
the last time he had it out someone tried to steal the tail and broke it :whistle: luckily they were to stupid to take the side covers.

We are now trying to figure out a way to get it back to Illinois, maybe a road trip is in order B)
78 KZ1000 A2A

Last edit: by bluej58. Reason: grammer

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 25 Dec 2015 05:36 #704287

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
SF is a sanctuary city. That only compounds the crime problem. As long as the people don't vote, special interests will have their way and crime will get worse. It's like they're pulling in opposite directions and nothing can get done.
I'd been coming out to Sky Valley since I was a child. Mainly week end cabins and retired people. In 75 you were lucky to have one car an hour drive past you on Dillon Rd. When I moved out here in 76, I had no idea what really was going on out here. It was like the old west. If you were new, you were fair game for the criminals. My house was broken into and I was robbed twice at gun point. I realized then if I were to stay here, I'd have to fight back. I bought a Inter Arms Virginian Dragoon 44 Mag. It was the single action bicentennial addition. I had a low slung holster and I'd go into the canyon behind me and practice with it.
One day these smiling POS came to my place and there I was with a smile on my face. I flicked off the loop on the hammer and was ready for war. They couldn't leave fast enough. Word spread quick. People that use to glare at me as I rode by now were waiving and smiling at me. I didn't know this area was notorious for cooking Meth. There were a few more incidents but I now had the tools to stand up for myself. I never had to shoot anyone, just them knowing I will was good enough. :whistle:
BTW, it doesn't come out of the holster unless it gets used. :evil:
Steve

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 25 Dec 2015 06:52 #704292

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967

Attachment yohomeie1.wmv not found

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments:

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 25 Dec 2015 08:22 #704298

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
That was a good movie. Talk about cold blooded, Dirty Harry had nothing on him. :woohoo:
Steve

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 25 Dec 2015 11:54 #704327

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
That was that twisted little germ cruise wasnt it - yer all Dirty Harry had over him was acting ability and style ;)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 25 Dec 2015 12:09 #704330

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
As I was watching it I was wondering when the black guy would finally put him down like a rabid dog. It does make a point though. Most will just stand there and let it happen.
Steve

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 26 Dec 2015 07:50 #704408

• 68dave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I work in Baltimore city so i make sure i have at least one of my "little friends" in my toolbox! Baltimore city is crazy! Crack heads broke into my work twice a couple months ago, it's

a gas station. Luckily they walked by the snap-on tool boxes and just stole cigarettes from the store.
Green 1976 KZ900 & Z1 look-a-like 1976 KZ900 Baltimore, Md.
Attachments:

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 26 Dec 2015 08:09 #704410

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Cool B) I hope you don't leave your baby's in there at night. If they get there hands on the Z1, they'll have a bag for weeks. :angry:
Steve

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 26 Dec 2015 08:14 #704411

• 68dave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
No i keep my bikes at my home in Baltimore county in a locked & alarmed garage. I just rode it to work that day.
Green 1976 KZ900 & Z1 look-a-like 1976 KZ900 Baltimore, Md.

Crackheads stealing spark plugs 26 Dec 2015 08:22 #704413

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I say legalize all that crap, give them all they want until they blow the top of their heads off or blow up their hearts like Bell did, :evil: Give it or sell it to a kid, Death penalty, no appeals. :angry:
Steve