Searched for:
Yesterday 13:50
  • LasseT
Hi,
oil changed ~1300km
Spark plug a bit dark an fuel consumption a bit high, ~0,5l/10km
Maybe not right term in english? Flat grinded cylinder head ~1mm
Compression ~7kg
Ignition adjusted after fixing cylinder head.

The bike has never run better than now, easy 90km/h with me ~100kg
Category: Carburetor
Yesterday 13:49
  • Lukeduke
Hi Folks!

New in here, so just few words. My Name is Lukas, I am from Austria and currently trying to get my KZ440 to run before it gets converted to a cafe racer.
Today I had finally installed my new carb repair kit and wanted to try it out. The bike made 1-2 sputters and then suddenly I heard a clicking noise and the starter did not turn over anymore.
Checked the wiring, voltage and connections and did not find anything faulty so I disassembled the starter. I checked the brushes and the stator and did also not find anything faulty so I hooked up the starter directly to a Powersupply and the starter did just turn fine. So put everything back together (except the starter chain to exclude anything coming from the motor) and same as before. Even with the battery terminals connected directly to the starter no movement. Also tried a different battery, still same.

Anyone an Idea where I should start to troubleshoot? I mean if the starter turns outside of the motorcycle I guess it is not fried.

Lukas
Category: New Members
Yesterday 13:44
  • Rolf1976_KZ900
Yesterday 13:38
  • Rolf1976_KZ900

The direct feed for the coils isn't an issue as no current flows until the BB module is activated by the ignition via the kill switch, however if the "kill switch" is faulty you still have a "point of failure" which will stop the bike running. Also if the kill switch is arcing then it will cause power surges which could damage your new module (I don't know how sensitive they are)

Ok thanks next up is inspecting the killswitch just to be sure all is working right.
Category: Electrical
Yesterday 13:04
  • Wookie58
If you look at Partzilla or CMNSL you can compare part numbers and it will tell you if they are common to other models 
Category: Chassis
Yesterday 13:00
  • Formula264
I have decided to use the Zephyr 1100 swingarm on my 78 KZ build . I am in need of the axle, bushings/bearings and the chain adjusters. Are Zephyr 750 components compatible? Are the ZRX components compatible or will I have to source all used through eBay. Thanks for any info, Cody 
Yesterday 12:52
  • Bevelhead
Headlight brackets are now made in steel, painted and on the bike. Haven't fitted the the sealed unit yet as there are a couple of fasteners that need to be replaced, as they are the wrong size. The gold bars are just for setting up, they won't be used in the final build.

Category: Projects
Yesterday 12:40
  • z1kzonly
That original Red! 1978 KZ1000 A model. Newer style vacumm petcock.
It will fit 73-80 - 900/1000's
Yesterday 12:14
  • Wookie58
Is Bosie the jealous kind 
Category: Projects
Displaying 81 - 90 out of 709678 results.