Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for:
Today 01:23
  • Scirocco
Clooged air filter, late ignition timing, weak spark, wrong jets, float boal high, cold start enricher valve not fully closed.....
Category: Carburetor
Today 00:01
  • Ojisan rider
Today 23:54
  • Ojisan rider
Just curious. How much are you asking for?
Category: For sale
Today 20:04
  • sf4t7
Back in the 70's and 80's it was common to trade in your bare case covers to buy chromed ones (your bare aluminum parts were needed as cores), some guys went further and had swingarms, fork lowers, triple tees, gage cases, etc chromed also.  During that time I followed the crowd and got a "chrome kit" for the Z1 - (valve cover, alternator case, clutch cover, left side trans cover, and carb caps).  Fast forward 35 years and most of that plating didn't age well.  So one of the upgrades I did during my refurb project last year was replacing the chrome pieces with good used bare aluminum parts.  Tastes have changed over the last 40 years - who knew?    

Category: Chassis
Today 19:44
  • Bobf
I've had very good results using items from Cycle Terminals.  Very good selection. In USA for fast response on items and better quality than I've found on ebay.

www.cycleterminal.com/
Category: Electrical
Today 18:27
  • DOHC
As Vinsky said, that looks like the stock swingarm that someone sent off to the chrome shop.  You're kind of stuck with it now.  Hopefully the chrome is still in good shape.  I had a kz1000 brake torque link  that someone chromed, but by the time it got to me it was peeling in places.

You're missing the rubber grommets that hold that rear brake hose in place.  They are still available from Kawasaki.  Part 13 on this diagram.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...hock-absorbers-78-d1
Today 18:17
  • Injected
I did some more assembly today, got the forks and front fender installed along with the headlamp shell.

I also cut the inside edge of the rear brake pedal then got it bolted down. When I mocked it up last time I did not have the spring wound properly so it was not sitting at the correct height.

It misses the cover and is below the sight glass. I can get my foot on it, but I think I am going to be constantly rubbing on the cover with my boot.

I think I might end up spacing it out even more, but that requires cutting off the mount stud then drilling the spline to take a bolt. It looks like I could space it out another 1/2" or more. The more I look at it the more I think it needs fixing.

Late in the day I got the harness set under the frame, and the electrical base panel bolted to the battery bracket. Will finish up on the harness tomorrow and see if I can get the headlamp installed.

I took the donor bike apart 4 years ago so its been a slow go putting it back together again. I had to go back and look at some pictures and reference my Parts Catalog to be sure I was assembling a couple of parts the correct way.

Category: Projects
Today 18:04
  • ckahleer
Since getting my little ke, I have only gone on test rides around the neighborhood. (Near sea level). I had no problem with fouling plugs until this weekend when I took it to the Peters Mill  off-road trails near Woodstock, VA. (2000 ft). Plugs only lasted a few miles before fouling out. I went through the origional and 2 new ones.
This 2 stroke carburetor is a bit different than others I have worked on.
By looking at the carburetor, can you tell which way the mixture screw turns to lean the mixture?
I'm also considering lowering the needle and going down a size on main and pilot jets.
It did seem to run rich even at home, as it started cold first kick and required no warm up time to start riding.
Maybe 200ft just put it over the edge. Note: Piture in the manual is of an earlier carb. Later models have the mixture screw on the side.
Category: Carburetor
Today 17:10
  • gd4now
It sort of looks like you got a bonus, what with the chrome looking swing arm and brake arm.  Any other like items on the machine, like clock covers, engine side covers? Some do like the shinny stuff, I certainly did on the autos here in the US in the 50s and 60s. On a bike it has sort of been more about function than looks for me.  Do not get me wrong I do not hate chrome, other than you have to maintain it and at my age I would rather not have to clean it each time I take it for a ride, but I still do.

I am by no means an expert on chrome or chrome like surfaces. I do know there are paints, not sure it is a paint or not but it is sprayed like it, that can certainly look like chrome. Not saying that is what you have, just have seen videos of it.

From the pic looks like the adjustment on the rear wheel / chain is past it adjustment.
Yesterday 16:49
  • Vinsky
It's been to the chrome shop, probably back when chrome was cheap. I even did my first Z1 that way.
If I didn't like chrome I'd acid etch it and use a 2-pak primer and paint it.
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 708531 results.