• TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1973

Chris_Livengood wrote:

Street Fighter LTD wrote: Very Funny :S

Still would like to hear info on shock options
Dave B) B) B)

PS It really was funny and sad

What info you looking for specifically?

What would you recommend for my 78 LTD . Im a big guy 6ft 3 in, 275 Bike is turbocharged, and only street riden. Braced frame , Stock front end with 2 steering dampeners Will be installing a 2 in over arm Cant afford Olins. PM me if you think it would be easier
Thanks
Dave.

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Best to Worst 23 Dec 2015 12:55 #704093

• floivanus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 116
Pull motor, send to me. I have a quaint little 1040cc for you
my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Best to Worst 23 Dec 2015 13:40 #704098

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Away
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1973

floivanus wrote: Pull motor, send to me. I have a quaint little 1040cc for you

Its in the mail :lol:

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Bes t to Worst 13 Jan 2016 13:41 #706625

• Bowman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36
Got my new Gazi shocks today (Sport Lite SL600300 as advised on their fiitment page). They look pretty sweet, truly working with the look I'm going for.

They came with 3 sets of brass bushings of the same OD such that it spins freely inside the Gazi eyes and sizes S M and L thickness so decreasing ID to slip onto the pins on the swing arm (bottom) and frame (top). Shocks have eyes on both ends if thats not already obvious. Pretty sure the stock shocks didnt have any bushing between the shock eye hole and the pin they mounted to when I took them apart.

So my question (which as usual is dumb) is; Do I want to use the thickest bushing that I can push on in order to snug shit up or the thinnest to keep things loosey goosey or go Goldilocks?

Since I havent seen anyone here who has experience with Gazi shocks I promise me (or my widow) will post something in the spring telling you how they work. ;)
Honda 55 Trail don't ask me what year, 65? (sold)
79 Yamaha XS400 (sold)
76 KZ750B Twin (project)
72 Honda CT70 (project)

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Bes t to Worst 13 Jan 2016 15:03 #706638

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2630
You want a snug fit. Lube it well.
Steve

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Bes t to Worst 13 Jan 2016 15:06 #706639

• Bowman
  • User

swest wrote: You want a snug fit. Lube it well.
Steve

Err, aint that just true for all kinds of matters?
79 Yamaha XS400 (sold)
76 KZ750B Twin (project)
72 Honda CT70 (project)

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Bes t to Worst 13 Jan 2016 16:00 #706645

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2630
:woohoo:

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Best to Worst 17 Jan 2016 18:26 #707088

• DGA
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9
Any opinions on the stock 1100 Spectre air shocks? I have not gotten to that part of the bike yet to do anything with them, just added air is all. Good, bad, certain death with them or?
"83 KZ1100 Spectre, '81 Yamaha XV750 Cafe, '74 Kawasaki H2B 750

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Bes t to Worst 21 Jan 2016 05:15 #707487

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2681

Bowman wrote: Got my new Gazi shocks today (Sport Lite SL600300 as advised on their fiitment page). They look pretty sweet, truly working with the look I'm going for.

They came with 3 sets of brass bushings of the same OD such that it spins freely inside the Gazi eyes and sizes S M and L thickness so decreasing ID to slip onto the pins on the swing arm (bottom) and frame (top). Shocks have eyes on both ends if thats not already obvious. Pretty sure the stock shocks didnt have any bushing between the shock eye hole and the pin they mounted to when I took them apart.

So my question (which as usual is dumb) is; Do I want to use the thickest bushing that I can push on in order to snug shit up or the thinnest to keep things loosey goosey or go Goldilocks?

Since I havent seen anyone here who has experience with Gazi shocks I promise me (or my widow) will post something in the spring telling you how they work. ;)

Hey man, I can't wait until spring for a ride report. :S I'm looking to purchase some new shocks NOW, and Gazi's have hit my radar screen. Are you snowed under?

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Bes t to Worst 21 Jan 2016 06:56 #707493

• Bowman
  • User

Nessism wrote: Are you snowed under?

There's about 2 feet of snow on the ground and it's going to be worse before it gets better. We get some nice days in April sometimes where you could ride but often they haven't cleaned up the coarse sand they put on the roads over the winter. You hit that shit in a curve and it's like a patch of tiny ball bearings.
79 Yamaha XS400 (sold)
76 KZ750B Twin (project)
72 Honda CT70 (project)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Bes t to Worst 21 Jan 2016 13:16 #707519

• Bowman
  • User
Long nights and cold days here so I thought I'd tell you what I know of my Gazi shocks so far.

Cost - I paid $400CAD for the pair. Their website said international shipping was free but soon enough Paul emailed me to say that was a mistake on their site. Shipping plus customs duties made it more like $550CAD (about $400USD)

Build - I don't have a scale but just by handling them I'd say they are about 2-3 pounds lighter each than my stock ones.

Attachment P1020019.jpg not found

The piston rod on my stock ones is 10mm and on the Gazis it's 15mm. The Cylinder OD on stock is 30mm and the Gazis are 36mm so I guess they are a bit (or 2-3 bits) sturdier.

The springs are somewhat progressive as you can see. We shall see how that works out.

The stock shocks have 3 settings for spring tension, soft medium and hard. The Gazis have a thread around the outside of the cylinder and a pair of nuts to adjust each shock +/- 3" or so so each side is more or less infinitaley adjustable.

Attachment P1020020.jpg not found

Not sure how you see to it that each side is equal or indeed if you might want to tweek each side differently.

Documentation - they came with a single sheet of paper that might have been printed on somebodys inkjet printer. Probably enough for simple installs but guys, wtf? You couldn't drop in some engineering data, pics etc? Also theres a warranty card for a whole total one year, seriously?
79 Yamaha XS400 (sold)
76 KZ750B Twin (project)
72 Honda CT70 (project)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, 750Kruzer

Rear Shock Absorber Upgrade - Bes t to Worst 23 Jan 2016 07:57 #707739

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2681
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThose Gazi's look nice. I was all set to buy a set but pulled the trigger on these Ohlin's instead...

They are adjustable for length, and both compression and rebound damping, so presumably they should be tuneable for my 750E2. The ad says they will swap the springs for my needs too. Not sure about the eyelets is all so I asked them for assistance in that regard. Hopefully they will work with me.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Nessism.