Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Aftermarket gauges? 13 Dec 2016 07:17 #750107

• EDD88
  • EDD88's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Not sure if this is the right section for this but was wondering if anyone uses aftermarket gauges? Any recommendations on the type that can be used. Just cruising ebay and Amazon and was curious.

Eddie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aftermarket gauges? 13 Dec 2016 08:49 #750113

• diggerdanh
  • User
  • Thank you received: 89
I use this along with matching tach from Dime City on one of my KZ400s and I plan on getting another set for my second bike:
www.dimecitycycles.com/2-5-inch-black-mi...ndicator-lights.html

They do not look like the stock speedo/tach but they are smaller and work well. The speedo has integrated warning lights for high beam, turn signals, oil and neutral do they can minimize clutter. Might work for you if they fit the look you are going for.

Aftermarket gauges? 13 Dec 2016 13:09 #750123

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829

diggerdanh wrote: I use this along with matching tach from Dime City on one of my KZ400s and I plan on getting another set for my second bike:
www.dimecitycycles.com/2-5-inch-black-mi...ndicator-lights.html

They do not look like the stock speedo/tach but they are smaller and work well. The speedo has integrated warning lights for high beam, turn signals, oil and neutral do they can minimize clutter. Might work for you if they fit the look you are going for.

Their ad cracks me up! :laugh: Ed

"........Be the bigger man and roll with one of these 2.5" mini speedos. You ain't got no shame and no reason to act like you do. You're a mans man. A big man. A real man... You ride a teeth shattering hand built Cafe Racer or a hard-tailed hunkered down Bobber and that, speaks volumes. Chances are if your piloting one of these jockey rockets down the road you've got balls of steel the size of Texas......."
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Last edit: by 650ed.

Aftermarket gauges? 13 Dec 2016 17:47 #750137

• Bozo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Ride it like u stole it
  • Thank you received: 104

EDD88 wrote: Not sure if this is the right section for this but was wondering if anyone uses aftermarket gauges? Any recommendations on the type that can be used. Just cruising ebay and Amazon and was curious.

Eddie

Eddie, do you want to replicate original gauges or just have an electronic gauge that does all.
I have Speedhut gauges on all my bikes and they are brilliant and they fit (with some work) into standard gauges clusters but they might not suit your needs.
Also some speedo gauges are GPS eliminating the inaccurate speedo - BUT be careful in W Australia they are not legal as a primary speedo.
First Permanent ride the Z1R since Dec1977 (220,000km) as of June 2015
Second permanent bike 1989 FJ1200 dyno'd 140RWH, great bike.
Third ride is now the Frankenstein 1981 GPZ1100B1, getting new/ refurbished 83-84 motor soon
Forth my work bike FJ1200 1989 (same type as above)

Aftermarket gauges? 13 Dec 2016 17:55 #750139

• 650mod
  • User
  • Thank you received: 48
I run an Acewell 2853 unit on my 650 and love it. Speedo, all lights, fuel gauge (if you ever run one), tach, total run time, trip gauges, etc etc.

www.dimecitycycles.com/black-acewell-285...-and-tachometer.html

It's small and compact, which really appealed to me. Overall a really nice unit. I'm more than likely adding an external tach this summer though, there's something about watching a needle rise that never gets old...
78 kz 650 custom
Wiseco 720cc big bore
Dynajet stage 3 carb kit with pods
2002 Kawasaki Z750 exhaust
2001 Buell lightning front end
1999 Ninja 600 swingarm with 1999 Ninja 900 rear rim
converted to monoshock rear
Too many goodies to list fully

Aftermarket gauges? 16 Dec 2016 16:34 #750312

• EDD88
  • EDD88's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks guys I'll check all those out. Yeah not sure the exact look I'm going for on them but I'm open to looks and minimizing the size of the total cluster

Aftermarket gauges? 17 Dec 2016 08:53 #750329

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248

650mod wrote: I run an Acewell 2853 unit on my 650 and love it. Speedo, all lights, fuel gauge (if you ever run one), tach, total run time, trip gauges, etc etc.

www.dimecitycycles.com/black-acewell-285...-and-tachometer.html

It's small and compact, which really appealed to me. Overall a really nice unit. I'm more than likely adding an external tach this summer though, there's something about watching a needle rise that never gets old...

I run the Ace well also and love it. I was even able to get a drive cable adapter that works with my GSXR USD forks.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

Aftermarket gauges? 19 Dec 2016 08:23 #750423

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510
Swapped in a trail tech Vapor on my KZ650. Had to cut, solder and heat shrink the connectors on to make it work but once done very slick. Took an afternoon and the gauge was only about $125.00. Has speed, tach, turn indicators, high beam and neutral light.

• Page: