• Page:

TOPIC:

1982 Kz550 rectifier wiring 07 Dec 2016 17:21 #749734

• alexromega
  • alexromega's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • first build and lovin it
  • Thank you received: 0
Could anyone tell me where I should put the brown wire coming out of my rectifier. They say it wires to the ignition switch but I'm sure how. The brown wire gets battery volotage, but not directly to the battery, right?

I'm wiring with the m unit and I think aftermarket regulator / rectifiers out there don't have a brown wire. I also have read that these model bikes need to have it Connect it to a 12V source. I Just need some more info on where I should wire this and how.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1982 Kz550 rectifier wiring 07 Dec 2016 17:26 #749737

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
Brown is the sense wire. You are correct, it needs 12V, only from a switched source. If you decide to get a better R/R the Shindengen SH775 is much better than the typical chinese made shunt units. Search ebay for "polaris rzr regulator" and make sure you can see a photo showing the SH775 lettering on the top of the unit. These R/R's are a hot commodity and there are counterfeits on the market.

1982 Kz550 rectifier wiring 07 Dec 2016 17:38 #749739

• alexromega
  • alexromega's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • first build and lovin it
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Nessism. I was trying to finish my wiring this weekend and just use the old. I've come to terms on buying a new one and just sticking it out lol. I also have a lithium 14 amp hour battery to charge. Yeah I'm gonna look for that before I buy.

1982 Kz550 rectifier wiring 08 Dec 2016 08:14 #749765

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
If you follow the links in my sig, there are manuals and color diagrams which will show the brown wire. that wire connects to a lot of things on the bike.

• Page: