Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Z500 wiring problem 24 Jul 2016 15:28 #736073

• Killercrud
  • Killercrud's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there I have a 1980 z500 which I've been rebuilding the last few months ,at the wiring stage now and in a bit of bother eg where the hell they all go :huh: has any one got a this model who could post some pictures of the battery box area ,reg etc as I bought the bike completly dissemble not sure of the order to put things back ,I've done lots of looking on sites just not getting what I need ,thanjs
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z500 wiring problem 24 Jul 2016 15:45 #736076

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
The Z500 wasn't sold in the USA, but you could try looking at the diagrams for the KZ550 or maybe the KZ400. The drawings typically orient the parts the way they are installed on the motorcycle. I have a pic of the 81 650-csr that I could post.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Z500 wiring problem 25 Jul 2016 00:09 #736132

• Killercrud
  • User
Thank you for your reply I would appreciate it if you could take the time post some pictures as I am interested in seeing what route the wiring loom takes through the frame and regulator and related brackets

Z500 wiring problem 25 Jul 2016 04:48 #736134

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
These are the only photos I have.

1981 KZ650-CSR (H1).

Left side -->> electro cover removed.

Note: the igniter has 2 pigtails w 1 Lg & 1 Sm connector. The large connector is for the ignition coils (not shown).
The smaller connector is for the pulsing coil - red, yellow, black, & blue wires (see Under tool tray photo).

Under tool tray.
The connector below the battery hold down bolt is from the main fuse box (10A fuses - see wiring diagram).

Right side. Voltage regulator & its connector. That connection can be the source of charging problems.
I have since installed a 2007 Ninja 500 R/R (credit to loudhvx) & new connector (that one crumbled).

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Z500 wiring problem 25 Jul 2016 15:07 #736202

• Killercrud
  • User
Yes i belive not many z500 sold anywhere so i had to have it Thanks for pic's very helpful starting to make sence now have to soilder a few wire's that look like a dog chewed on them thanks again I'll post some pics when I make a bit more progress
Attachments:

Z500 wiring problem 26 Jul 2016 07:33 #736243

• davido
  • User
  • Thank you received: 285
Not sure what part of the world youre in but I found this workshop manual locally. This is on a dutch site and in Dutch language. Cant make out the publishers name,maybe its available in other languages as well. Then again,maybe you only need the pictures and it comes with wiring diagrams.( Google translate is your friend)
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/594313-csr1000-project-build
CB550
(CB500/4)
(CBX750)
GSF600
KZ1000CSR
XT 600e

• Page: