TOPIC:

Rewired and now my brights shut off my headlight 22 Jun 2016 16:52 #732456

• Slypope
  • Slypope's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,

83 KZ750 LTD

I rewired this bike recently, relocating all of the indicators to LEDs that I drilled custom into a new headlight casing and replacing the tach and speedo with a new mini speedo. Everything works great and looks really good ..... except I think I may have messed up a relay. When I turn on my brights, it shuts off the headlight and sometimes if I turn on the right turn signal, the headlight blinks. This was a rebuilt bike I bought a long time ago and everything has worked perfectly so when I went to rewire, I made sure to follow the exact wiring from before with one exceptions, the turn signals.

I routed both of the black wires from the new turn signals to the same line that one black line was plugged into. I did not use the brown wires and the red wires were wired correctly. I remember the old headlight had a wire connecting from one turn signal to the other but I cannot remember which and how. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rewired and now my brights shut off my headlight 22 Jun 2016 20:51 #732465

• mslevin
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
You might've seen this before, but there is a listing of wiring diagrams for the KZ750. I don't see a specific one for the LTD, but you might find one that is close.

kz.bike-night.com/manual.html

Hope this helps.
1994 Kawasaki KZ1000P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: