Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need simplified harness 26 Apr 2016 07:39 #723025

• Neut223
  • Neut223's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Looking to see if someone can make me a simplified harness new. Anyone willing to make me one? 1974 kz400.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need simplified harness 26 Apr 2016 08:26 #723038

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
It's much easier to make it on the bike, rather than try to make one off the bike and then force it to fit the frame.

Are you able to solder? To make a bare bones harness is not too hard as long as you get a good ratcheting crimper and automatic stripper. Figure on about $100, or little over, including tools, wire, non-adhesive tape, zip ties, spade lugs and other supplies.

The first time, it may take a couple days to get everything right (with some re-doing and routing changes, etc.).

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Need simplified harness 26 Apr 2016 08:30 #723040

• Kidkawie
  • User
  • I bleed premix
  • Thank you received: 245
If you don't know anything about electrical systems I'd highly recommend leaving the harness stock and unmolested. That way you can reference the FSM with any issues.
1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

Need simplified harness 26 Apr 2016 09:19 #723052

• davido
  • User
  • Thank you received: 285
Im busy with my harness at the minute ( first time). Ive got the whole thing pegged out on a plank of wood. The plan is to get everything working as it should,all the lights,switches etc,Fix any problems on the kitchen table. Then to strip off the wrapping and make a copy with new wire and connectors.
I thought about making a simplified custom jobby but,to be honest,I dont understand it well enough to know what I can and cannot do without and everything is there for a reason anyway. Ok maybe I dont need hazard lights but if theyre there,why not keep them?
It was the best way I could think of for a novice to build a new harness which will,hopefully,be reliable and last another 35years.
If you do want to go custom, Bikexif have a nice tutorial on the basics.It might be something for you;
www.bikeexif.com/motorcycle-wiring
Good luck,hope it works out for you.
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/594313-csr1000-project-build
CB550
(CB500/4)
(CBX750)
GSF600
KZ1000CSR
XT 600e

Need simplified harness 26 Apr 2016 10:12 #723064

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I can draw a bare bones schematic for you if needed. Follow my links to the Mattylight thread to see some examples.

Need simplified harness 26 Apr 2016 17:37 #723138

• Gregl
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
dude ur amazing. thank you very much.

davido wrote: Im busy with my harness at the minute ( first time). Ive got the whole thing pegged out on a plank of wood. The plan is to get everything working as it should,all the lights,switches etc,Fix any problems on the kitchen table. Then to strip off the wrapping and make a copy with new wire and connectors.
I thought about making a simplified custom jobby but,to be honest,I dont understand it well enough to know what I can and cannot do without and everything is there for a reason anyway. Ok maybe I dont need hazard lights but if theyre there,why not keep them?
It was the best way I could think of for a novice to build a new harness which will,hopefully,be reliable and last another 35years.
If you do want to go custom, Bikexif have a nice tutorial on the basics.It might be something for you;
www.bikeexif.com/motorcycle-wiring
Good luck,hope it works out for you.

• Page: