Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Running/road lights? 26 Apr 2016 06:14 #723005

• GPzMOD750
  • GPzMOD750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148

I_Tig_in_piece wrote:
Be careful tightening the nut on the stem, it'll break off all the threads up to the base. Was gonna use the same lights then found a rounded rectangular lense set I wanted finally, funny thing is that it uses the same stem..lol which I've already broke on one as well. Oh and the negative is fragile if you start tugging at the wires too much.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm waiting for them to arrive before I work out how to mount them. Hopefully I can just drill a hole, preferably threaded, in the side of the mirror stocks to mount them. If not I'll have to fab some mounts to attach to the stocks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

Running/road lights? 28 Apr 2016 06:51 #723414

• GPzMOD750
  • GPzMOD750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
I got both sets off lights last night and I'm thrilled.

The Kawasaki lights are in great shape. The stems are about an inch longer than the ones I had on there but that's cool I no longer need to rotate them out of the way to remove the headlight. It will also make them a little more visible with the road lights on.

The aftermarket lights are awesome. What I didn't realize from the one pic of the top of the units and you didn't mention Tig was the stem is held in with a pinch screw. The stem is going to be removed and I'm going to use the slot and pinch screw to secure them to mounts I'm going to put on front of the mirror stocks. I can't wait to get them on there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.