Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'75 KZ400 Ignition Coil Location and wiring??? 17 Nov 2015 16:55 #699154

• freeriders98
  • freeriders98's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So I just picked up a '75 KZ400 and am in the process of accessing its condition and what needs to happen to get it running.

Welp first major issue is that there is no ignition coil or plug wires. From what I can find online, it looks like it either mounts right in front of the cylinders or on the top frame rail on the right side under the gas tank. Is this correct? Can someone get me a good picture of its location and mounting?

The next question is on the wiring. There is a wire coming from the points (I think) on the clutch cover, But nothing else. I've searched for some wiring diagrams and have found some simplified ones but am not 100% sure they are for my year and some even for the KZ.
1975 KZ400

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'75 KZ400 Ignition Coil Location and wiring??? 17 Nov 2015 18:58 #699170

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
The ignition coil is typically on the frame under the tank & the diagrams at Partzilla show a coil bracket.
The KZ400.com site has manuals & wiring diagrams.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

'75 KZ400 Ignition Coil Location and wiring??? 18 Nov 2015 06:07 #699204

• freeriders98
  • freeriders98's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I've looked over the KZ400.com website and have not been able to open everything. Specifically the repair manual :unsure:

I need to dig through it a little more. it truly is a wealth of information, just need to spend more time finding and digesting it all.
1975 KZ400

'75 KZ400 Ignition Coil Location and wiring??? 18 Nov 2015 11:19 #699228

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
Is your bike a D model or S or what? I was just over at the 400 site & didn't have any problems viewing anything. Maybe your computer is blocking the pages. ??? The wiring diagrams open in a new window when clicked.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: