Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What are our options? 31 Aug 2015 16:14 #688090

• I_Tig_in_piece
  • I_Tig_in_piece's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Hey forum, need some guidance in selecting a new battery. I know not everyone here is running the same style battery cause of relocating, upgrading or custom applications. In my situation I had to use a different battery from another motorcycle, specifically on from an 01 929. It was a mega boost ctz10s and did it's job well..till I fried it last week on the charger set to "high" for less than 30mins. It is now a little puffy in spots and was damn hot! Holds a charge, but has no amps to turn my starter. So need to get another and I'm gonna have to be fairly cheap about this purchase. Not worried about longevity atm, (1-3years) but the size(the dimensions) is important (wrong forum for naughty thoughts :P) and needs to be an AGM or sealed battery. I was looking at the ballistic 4cell evo2, but a few places say otherwise? Soooo....

Anyways, what are you guys using and what did it cost you?

thanks in advance!

Maybe a potential battery buyers guide thread for other KZ owners? if one hasn't been made, I didn't see one even in the database?
Cheap labor isn't skilled, skilled labor isn't cheap.
1980 KZ440a. I went green.
If you yourself are building an older bike and can see it through till you're riding it, that's proof you have patience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by I_Tig_in_piece.

What are our options? 31 Aug 2015 17:22 #688096

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2609
You can try High Tech Battery Solutions. I'm very happy with them, fast, cheap compared and 1 year warranty they stand behind. I know, they did.
Steve

What are our options? 31 Aug 2015 17:47 #688099

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Moto Batt Gel - 5 years and counting $95 AUD
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• Page: