Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help me not cause a fire! ;) 28 Jul 2015 11:13 #683142

• I_Tig_in_piece
  • I_Tig_in_piece's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Sup forum, I've got a build going on with my KZ and need some electrical gurus assistance before I lose the remaining precious brain cells left. So it's a 1980 KZ440A, It had the self cancelling signal deal that I assumed was gonna be an easy task to remove but...yeah? I got some aftermarket combo switches off fleabay. Left side has signal, Hi/Low beam and horn. Those are wired in correctly and work. The right control has Start button, kill switch and emergency flasher. I was able to find the wiring diagram online for the left side combo switches. Can't find anything for the right, so had to test cont. then labeled accordingly. My problem is, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to wire it up? I'm not shy with wires. I (as very carefully as I could) shortened the stock harness as well as removed the SCS unit entirely. With the key on, everything lights ups, signals flash, no smoke or fire (thank goodness) I know the headlight isn't gonna work atm cause the connections on the right aren't sorted.

Basically I need, wether it's a crude drawing (preferably, I like visuals) or typed out, is a diagram of some sort to wire in the right combo to the stock harness. Again it's an 80 kz440a, when I redid the wiring I kept the wire colors on all the connectors the same as factory as to make it easier on myself (possible fail) and although I have a wiring diagram in front of me, ohm'ing each wire on the switch, im so overwhelmed with other things going on, my focus keeps getting interrupted from other people and it's just got me all confused.

Anyone that chimes in and needs more info, please let me know and I'll get you what you need. Thanks a lot in advance!
(edit) Just wanted to add that I can repin the connections on the switch if needed. I'm gonna try to draw each switch and the color of wires for them and post it here in a few.
ed
Cheap labor isn't skilled, skilled labor isn't cheap.
1980 KZ440a. I went green.
If you yourself are building an older bike and can see it through till you're riding it, that's proof you have patience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by I_Tig_in_piece.

Help me not cause a fire! ;) 28 Jul 2015 11:29 #683145

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
Not sure if this will be any help, but here's a topic with bare bones wiring diagrams by loudhvx.
1980 750H bare bones for mattylight . ... pg 19. scroll down for a 440. reply #653049.

Also, the KZ400.com site has wiring diagrams. Technical tips page

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: