Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1984 Kawasaki 1100 LTD - Wiring 02 Jul 2015 15:51 #679146

• BadMonk
  • BadMonk's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I’m working on this bike to make it road worthy again. The safety switch at the clutch is broken. Being over budget already I tossed the switch.

The switch has 3 wires. One should go to ground and the other two bypass the ground when the clutch lever is squeezed, right? To disable or bypass the safety switch at the clutch lever, the normally open wire must be jumped to the ground wire. But...I can’t figure out what wire gets jumped to what wire.

Black/Yellow wire to the switch was joined to the Black/Yellow for the horn switch. It's no longer joined. Black/Yellow wires connect to several lights. Light Green wire connects to the neutral switch, neutral indicator light and junction box. Yellow/Green wire goes directly to the junction box.

Which 2 get jumped?

While disabling stuff, I looked at the side stand kill switch. It too has 3 wires. G/W goes to the side stand warning light. B/Y like above makes multiple connections to (mainly) lights. Brown goes directly to the junction box. I think the jumper goes between G/W and B/Y. No?

I don’t like wiring. I'm not even sure I gave enough info for anyone to help me out. Any help would be great.
1984 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD
2007 Victory Vegas
1981 Suzuki GS850GL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1984 Kawasaki 1100 LTD - Wiring 02 Jul 2015 18:55 #679165

• BadMonk
  • BadMonk's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I don’t know if this helps you (it doesn’t help me).
The Y/G and B/Y have continuity when the clutch lever is pulled in and no continuity when released.
The Y/G and the LG have continuity when the clutch lever is released and no continuity when pulled in.
So, does that mean the jumper goes between B/Y and LG?
1984 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD
2007 Victory Vegas
1981 Suzuki GS850GL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: