• Page:

TOPIC:

Automotive hid retrofit? 02 Jul 2015 10:54 #679120

• New 750
  • New 750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3

Attachment KIMG0043.jpg not found

OK I pulled this out of a late model Toyota suv, the lense cut off was broken, but the bulb and balast are good to go. I was thinking about getting a Sylvania 7in lense at Walmart on the cheap and figuring a way to mount this bulb inside, I know it can be done, but my question is will this bulb blind on coming traffic with just sticking the bulb in there without a diffuser (I think that's what it's called) this unit is oem Toyota so it's quality compared to most eBay units I would guess, also it produces a really nice white light . also it's only 35 watts
1977 kawasaki KZ750
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by New 750. Reason: Pic

Automotive hid retrofit? 02 Jul 2015 11:00 #679122

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
Will it even fit the can?
Steve

Automotive hid retrofit? 02 Jul 2015 11:31 #679124

• New 750
  • User
I did a real quick check If it does it will be tight, I was thinking I could extend the wires worst case and mount by battery, there would be perfect.
1977 kawasaki KZ750

Automotive hid retrofit? 02 Jul 2015 12:15 #679127

• New 750
  • User
The unit on the left is what the bulb mounts into, then a wire retainer holds it in, the metal part covers the lense and is moved up and down with the actuator when brights are turned on, like a cut off (I think) but that would be to large to mount inside my lense, the hid bulb is very similar to an H4 so mounting just the bulb should be cake . the bulb only had one filament I think moving that cover over and a away from the lense would be like turning the high beam on. But I bench tested it, it's insanely bright!
1977 kawasaki KZ750

Automotive hid retrofit? 03 Jul 2015 08:41 #679238

• zero10
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
If you're going to HID don't bother with using a reflector - go all the way and do a projector conversion. HID reflectors will ALWAYS blind oncoming traffic. I considered doing an HID swap on my KZ750 but I just don't ride enough in the dark to justify it. Depth is a bit of a concern with the headlight bucket.
-

• Page: