• Page:

TOPIC:

Tail light/Stop light and Instrument lights ? 25 May 2015 19:27 #673743

• kzdcw
  • kzdcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 77' KZ1000A
  • Thank you received: 13
Besides some engine running problems that I'm trying to get sorted out from the Engine Forum members, I also have an electrical issue going on with my 77' KZ1000A.

Everything was working before ( all lights and electrical ) but all of a sudden No Tail Lights, Stop Lights, and Instrument Lights? New rear brake switch was installed and as I said both front and rear brakes operated the rear stop light. Have a New Fully Charged Interstate Battery 210 CCA installed. Bulbs and Fuses Good ? Bike has been running intermittently for a while, at least idling while trying to diagnose running issues. Didn't idle too long but maybe something got hot and shorted out something?

But the electrical now has me baffled and it wasn't more than a month ago all the electrical was good?

Any ideas where to look?
77' KZ1000A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tail light/Stop light and Instrument lights ? 25 May 2015 19:36 #673746

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
Check your multi pin connectors.
Steve

Tail light/Stop light and Instrument lights ? 25 May 2015 19:45 #673750

• kzdcw
  • kzdcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 77' KZ1000A
  • Thank you received: 13
Steve, I'll check those connectors tomorrow. Just trying to get a few ideas before I tackle the job.

If you can, I have Post in the Engine Forum " Can't get it started again"? Maybe you could take a look at it and give me an idea?

Thank again !
77' KZ1000A

Tail light/Stop light and Instrument lights ? 26 May 2015 06:11 #673795

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Sometimes a fuse can appear to be fine but still be bad as there can be hidden corrosion at the ends.
I would install new fuses just to make sure the problem isn't that simple. Or you could check the fuses for continuity. Or put a meter on the fuses while installed to see if there's power at both ends (ignition switch ON).

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: