TOPIC:

DeoxIT - Which One ? 22 Sep 2014 14:28 #648367

• pete greek1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 185
I ordered mine from here, 5oz (142 gr.) for $14.99, & free shipping
www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=CdkFqTJEgVM6...3D%2526network%253Dg
Pete
1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DeoxIT - Which One ? 22 Sep 2014 23:41 #648441

• Zephyrrider
  • Zephyrrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
that price is more like it pete greek1, we get ripped off big time here for loads of diff stuff.
etbike3135 dont know about mould - i didnt have any on connections - cant find any inside house to test it on either.
It does shift oxide well though.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

DeoxIT - Which One ? 22 Sep 2014 23:47 #648442

• Zephyrrider
  • User
That is a good link pete greek1 for the D5. best price i have seen if you live in North America. Would cost me minimum $65 USD to get it here. Ebay was best in my situation.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pete greek1

DeoxIT - Which One ? 23 Sep 2014 07:38 #648467

• zero10
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Amazon Canada is only $20/can and is eligible for free shipping but is presently out of stock with no estimated date. I put in an order with them anyway, I don't need it until next spring so I guess I can wait a while. :P
-

DeoxIT - Which One ? 23 Sep 2014 14:56 #648549

• Zephyrrider
  • User
Worth waiting for zero10 !
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

DeoxIT - Which One ? 23 Sep 2014 16:19 #648558

• inline79
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
zero10 what are you going to do all winter?!? you can get this stuff at any reputable industrial electronics store in town. here in BC we have RP Electronics, checking online there is B&E Electronics and I think MRO is also in Calgary. If they don't have Deoxit they will carry the MG Chemicals line. Which is better is a topic for the Oil thread!!!

www.mgchemicals.com/distributors/canada/ab/

DeoxIT - Which One ? 24 Sep 2014 06:34 #648618

• zero10
  • User
I have a can of Electrosolve no residue contact cleaner by MG chemicals already and I have used it in a few places with mixed success, it does seem to leave a white chalky residue on everything despite the name but that residue mostly scrubs off and the contacts seem to work better than when I started. I picked that up at Active a few years back but I was hoping that deoxit would do a better job.

It seems no local shops carry Deoxit, I've tried calling B&E, MRO and Active before and they told me they don't carry it, I forget which shop said they could order it but they also suggested it would be north of $40/can.

As for what I'll do all winter - I only got my class 6 a few weeks ago, I don't have any safety gear yet and the bike still needs new tires (they are 8 years old and hard as a rock), rear shocks (leaking BADLY), fork seals and a few other minor things (gas cap seal, fuel petcock O-rings, plugs, wires, etc.) until it'll pass an inspection and be safe to ride. I'm going to spend the winter saving up money for gear and parts and in the spring I'll finish fixing the bike then ride it all summer :D

I've got enough other electronics and car projects to fill my schedule until then!
-

DeoxIT - Which One ? 24 Sep 2014 12:22 #648641

• inline79
  • User
I have both the Super Contact Cleaner and the DeoxIT. I save the DeoxIT for my audio stuff (as well s the D5, gold, etc) as it's really expensive. I haven't used Supersolve, but the Super Contact Cleaner I have no problems with on bikes.

On power and signal connectors on the KZ, it would probably be cheaper for you to convert the connections to something more modern, reliable and sealed. Mate-N-Lok now has a seals now for their Universal series which are very affordable, or if you want to spend a bit more there are Deutsch and Molex MX150Ls. You could buy a handful of sealed connectors for your $20 bottle of Deoxit.... and have no more contact cleaning!

BTW, didn't winter start a couple weeks ago in AB? :laugh:

DeoxIT - Which One ? 24 Sep 2014 13:58 #648651

• zero10
  • User

inline79 wrote: BTW, didn't winter start a couple weeks ago in AB? :laugh:

We're back to summer for now but things aren't looking so good in the coming weeks :(
I suspect I'll be putting on the winter tires soon so I need to hurry up and sync the carbs on my bike so I can check the last thing off this year's list.

As for the connector swapping, I totally agree, I was thinking of swapping to weatherpack connectors, they are cheap and plentiful however that leaves a big issue: There are a number of connectors in the headlight housing that are physically identical that differ only by housing colour, it would be nice to have a connector set that is available in different colours to preserve that.
-

DeoxIT - Which One ? 24 Sep 2014 14:04 #648652

• Zephyrrider
  • User
zero10 - cycleterminal.com - New Jersey.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

DeoxIT - Which One ? 25 Sep 2014 14:11 #648810

• inline79
  • User

zero10 wrote: As for the connector swapping, I totally agree, I was thinking of swapping to weatherpack connectors, they are cheap and plentiful however that leaves a big issue: There are a number of connectors in the headlight housing that are physically identical that differ only by housing colour, it would be nice to have a connector set that is available in different colours to preserve that.

I'm with you here. I installed a Deutsch 8-pin or maybe it was bigger in the headlight connections - FUGLY!

DeoxIT - Which One ? 08 Oct 2014 15:54 #650099

• Zephyrrider
  • User
14 - 15 Volts @4000 RPM / Currently 14.8 - 15 @ 4000 RPM.[/quote]
It's too high at 4000 rpm.
You should measure the voltage on the brown wire at the reg/rec. at 4000 rpm.[/quote]

Loudhvx what do you reckon the measurement should be at 4000 ?
Thanks.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.