• Page:

TOPIC:

Brake Light Failure 3-pin Plug? 23 Jul 2014 19:22 #641139

• kzdcw
  • kzdcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 77' KZ1000A
  • Thank you received: 13
Still wrestling with this wiring harness on my 77' KZ1000A. The wiring harness on the bike had plugs for the handlebar controls but the controls that came with the bike were the bullet style male connectors. Probably the wrong controls? Bike was built 3/77. Any way, told John @ Redline what I had and sent me another harness that should work with what I have. One of the connectors on the harness I received is pretty bad and doesn't plug into the 3-pin brake light failure male end going to the switch. I believe that's it located underneath the coils? Anyway, Z1enterprises has the female connectors, but how do you remove the wires in my existing connector? Tried sticking a sewing needle behind the male connector inside the plug, but doesn't seem to depress anything to pull and remove the wire? Anyone challenged this before?
77' KZ1000A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brake Light Failure 3-pin Plug? 23 Jul 2014 19:34 #641140

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Brake Light Failure 3-pin Plug? 23 Jul 2014 19:41 #641142

• kzdcw
  • kzdcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 77' KZ1000A
  • Thank you received: 13
Hmm, Didn't see that. I wonder how it works? I might try a small jewelers screwdriver and see if that might work.
77' KZ1000A

Last edit: by kzdcw.

Brake Light Failure 3-pin Plug? 24 Jul 2014 07:19 #641195

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Insert the terminal extractor tool thru the front & depress the little tab --- the connector has a little slot where the tool fits. The tab can kinda grab the plastic, so you may have to push the wire into the connector while pressing on the tab. In the link's photos you can see the slot in the connector drawing & the locking tabs on the male spade terminals. The extractor tool set from CycleTerminal is handy to have.

CycleTerminal --- Sumitomo Connectors & terminals

• Page: