Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wiring assistance needed. 20 Jul 2014 12:21 #640702

• guitarded
  • guitarded's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Since my last attempt was unsuccessful, I thought I'd ask again. I have a new ignition switch on the way for my KZ1100D-1 and I'm sorting out the wiring "bundles" stuffed in the headlight bucket. I have everything figured out except for 3 wires with dual female connectors on the ends. Black/yellow, yellow/black, and white/blue. I'm assuming the black/yellow is the ground for the front signals/running lights. But, what are the other 2 and how and what do they connect to. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since wiring diagrams are like ancient hieroglyphics to me.
1982 KZ1100D Spectre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiring assistance needed. 20 Jul 2014 14:32 #640709

• MFolks
  • User
  • Thank you received: 540
A Black with Yellow stripe is part of the grounding circuit. The other colored wire may be one of two thing's; 1. This harness may have been used in one or more other motorcycles and 2. It may be a aux circuit used for heated items like grips, or a vest. If possible, take a mutimeter, and with the engine running, see if the Yellow/Black and White/Blue circuits are "On" (that is, are they energized, with the engine running) and stopped. Check from the Black/Yellow circuit, as this is a known ground.

Set the multimeter for VDC (Volts, Direct Current), range of 20, put the BLACK probe in the Black/Yellow connector, and use the RED probe to check the other connectors for voltage.
1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitarded

Wiring assistance needed. 20 Jul 2014 18:00 #640738

• guitarded
  • guitarded's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks. I'll check that out.
1982 KZ1100D Spectre

• Page: