Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

charging issue 20 Aug 2008 15:11 #233149

• spudbudy
  • User
  • Kick it like you mean it
  • Thank you received: 1
pulled the entire wiring loom from the bike to clean and tighten up all connections. took battery out clean the battery terminals and the cable ends with sandpaper so there shiny. battery fully charged. when I ohm out the stator it reads 0 ohms as do the other 4 stator I have. regulator is brand new as I didn't trust the old one. did the wired george coil mod that helped a fair amount as the coil voltage was mid 9's while running. now at least its whatever the battery voltage is. Can anyone verify exactly what the stator is supposed to ohm out at?. is 0 ohms considered a bad stator ? it still puts out 65 volts at 4000 rpm so I'm left wondering if the ohms play a key part in the charging or not.
78 KZ 650B2. Vetter faring, Dyna S, Dyna Green coils, WG coil mod,AGM Battery, VM26SS carbs, Pilot jet 15, mains 110, jet clip #2 shimmed position, Modified stock air box, stock air filter, Kerker 4 into 1 with stock baffle. currently 48,785 miles. :-) and climbing daily.:-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by spudbudy. Reason: added more information

charging issue 20 Aug 2008 18:11 #233180

• GraffixWB
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Grr.
My 80 kz550c1 ltd JUSTstarted doing this after being great for the whole summer. when the bike is running the bat voltage is in in the 11s, not 13 at idle and 14.5-15 at 4k like the manual says. the battery is new as of june. 2 wire alternator puts out 50v when running. I'm going to completely charge my batt overnight, clean all the connection to the rect and grounds, and see what happens in the morn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: