Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

tuning pods to your carbs????? 16 Mar 2015 14:00 #664648

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
Thanks Loudhvx, I like the idea of mounting a camera there as a cheap data logger, i think my buddy has a go pro he will let me borrow, I will set that up on the tank to capture the tach and the lambda sensor. Where did you weld in the bung for the sensor at the collector? A member over at KZ650.info welded one on his #4 stock exhaust down tube, and when tuning was complete swapped it for a normal one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tuning pods to your carbs????? 17 Mar 2015 08:03 #664724

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I welded mine into the 4-into-1 just after the four tubes come together, just before the connector pipe to the muffler. I angled it so the cable comes out from under the bike just in front of my right foot. It is out of the way enough that I don't even notice it while riding. The cable is not just wires, it also allows fresh air to flow to the sensor, so it must not be kinked.

The o2 sensor must point downward anywhere from less than horizontal to straight down. It must not point upward otherwise water can collect in the tip and damage the sensor. So by putting it on the right side, when I put the bike on the side stand, the sensor ends up even more vertical.

I would download the manual before welding the bung to make sure you put the correct angle on it etc. It also helps to have the o2 sensor so you can see how far it sticks out etc.

www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-1_Manual.pdf

They also have an adapter that lets you mount it into the tail pipe, temporarily. I think that one will use more electrical power to heat the sensing element. Normally, exhaust heat keeps the sensor hot, but it will use electrical power to maintain heat if it needs it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctoRot

Last edit: by loudhvx.

tuning pods to your carbs????? 17 Mar 2015 13:54 #664753

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
Hmmm i may look into that tail pipe adapter, i dont really want to drill a hole in my sweet stainless exhaust

tuning pods to your carbs????? 17 Mar 2015 19:35 #664787

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
I wouldn't.
:unsure:
Steve