Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

. 22 Nov 2011 09:38 #489672

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1630

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

85 ZX750 and it's carbs 27 Nov 2011 03:15 #490292

• fearnow
  • fearnow's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Just this guy, you know?
  • Thank you received: 0
Great things happened today, and the bike ran, idled, was able to be adjusted with my home-made manometer...and I have a shit eating grin a mile wide.

Now for another topic for Other Questions! Thanks for the help you guys gave!
ZX750A3// AR80A1

85 ZX750 and it's carbs 27 Nov 2011 12:40 #490326

• HAILCON71
  • User
I'm sorry if this is considered hijiacking the forum! You guys seem knowledgable and may have come across my problem.
I have an 82 GPz 750. Bs34's. Each carb was soaked in Berrymans'. New jets all around. New o-rings all around. The first time Carbs were installed nothing happened. Checked plugs, had an ignition problem, I fixed the wires...ignition good. Hit the starter....nothing. Checked spark again noticed that the plugs should be wet, but the weren't. I left the bike over night and gave it a whirl and it started. but only for a few secs. I believe that the weight of the fuel in the lawn mower tank I have been using dribbled fuel into the bowls and overflowed into the intake manifolds. (I have used the bikes tank also hoping the lawn mower tank was the culprit) So i know the valve train and ignition systems are working. What would keep the cylinders from sucking fuel through the carbs. The idle circuit is preety stupid proof isn't it. Please tell me this isn't going to be the whole rubber boot and air box thing. i am up for the cones and eliminating the fresh air crankcase vent valve as in the previous posts but for now I want to know WTF is wrong.
Is the starter jet accessible, I'm sure I did not get one in the kit. Is there actually a jet or is it a calibrated hole in the carb body itself. I have blown air into every hole and air always comes out from where it is supposed to. With one exception, when I blow on number fours brass tube (the one sticking into the bowl) it somehow pulls down on the float valve needle. (Carbs upside down on bench) Only on #4 it happens. My best guess for idle is that the float levels were not right. I checked the float heights and they were all jacked up, even though using the clear tube method for fuel levels was not that bad. I am currently working on getting that perfect fuel level in the bowls. It's getting cold in Wisconsin so I'm hoping to get her at least idleing before i put her away for the season. I would appreciate any thoughts. I posted on another sight where an individual had the exact problem....but no replies were given. hoping to hear from some folks!

85 ZX750 and it's carbs 27 Nov 2011 13:20 #490334

• steve.w
  • User
hi mate i bought an 85 zx750 what had been stood for 4 years wouldnt drag fuel through so i cleaned carbs out still the same couldnt drag fuel through so i sprayed some easy start into airbox it started straight away and was never a problem again ;)

85 ZX750 and it's carbs 28 Nov 2011 09:06 #490497

• HAILCON71
  • User
Mate,
I'll give her a go! I reset the fuel levels. The float levels set at factory specs were not giving me the proper fuel levels in the bowls. So I set the floats to where they gave me the proper fuel level. I don't know if the after market carb kits don't allow the floats to get a proper height or the floats have been bent up and down so many times since 1982 that they need tweaking to work. What do you think of my project? (pic)
Attachments:

85 ZX750 and it's carbs 29 Nov 2011 14:53 #490669

• steve.w
  • User
looking excellent mate ;)

• Page: