Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ1000 Vibration 11 Aug 2015 11:09 #685405

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2613
The only argument I have with that is, if put in the oven, the head and buckets will heat up together and expand. If you use a torch around the lifter area, the aluminum head will expand and the lifer won't, thus making it easier to pull out.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garbosh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ1000 Vibration 11 Aug 2015 20:01 #685471

• Garbosh
  • Garbosh's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a torch at my parents place, ill probably swing by there.
82 KZ1000P
Café Racer/ Brat Project
-Clubman Bars
-End Mirrors
-Rear Shocks

KZ1000 Vibration 14 Aug 2015 18:33 #685803

• Garbosh
  • User
Well, update. I bought the butane torch and did that...didn't work. Also tried putting it in the freezer, didn't work either. So im back to the plan of jb. I pretty stuck with ruining the two stuck tappets and replacing them. So today I jb welded two of those barrels from the prior pictures to the tops of the tappets, have to wait 24 hours. So tomorrow ill be drilling into the wood barrels and installing and eye hook, to which ive attached to strong threaded wire standed...like airplane wire or whatever...to which will be attached to a handle. Ill be having my girlfriend stand on the head while I also stand or place feet on the edge and do.... pretty much a deadlift motion to pull it out. IF it does fail, itll be because the eye hook pulls out but that's rated to like 130lbs. JB is rated at like 500psi, the wire is 390lbs. So ill probably drill a slightly larger hole than the eye hook is meant for to support its threads a little better. Wish me luck I guess. Here is a picture of plan. haha got carried away for a second.
82 KZ1000P
Café Racer/ Brat Project
-Clubman Bars
-End Mirrors
-Rear Shocks
Attachments:

Last edit: by Garbosh.

KZ1000 Vibration 14 Aug 2015 19:11 #685805

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Looks dangerous to me. Wrap a rag or something around it. That wire can be deadly. Whip effect. :unsure:
Steve

KZ1000 Vibration 16 Aug 2015 11:30 #685968

• Garbosh
  • User
Update on what I did, ill have to be buying some new tappets. I first want to remove the valve springs and valves to see if anything is bent. I pretty much decided to replace the valve seals and springs for sure. ill need to inspect the valves or course. Seemed like the reason the were stuck was because the springs and situated themselves to far to the left or right and were sandwiching the tappets pretty much. Here some pics!!! didn't do the deadlift thing, pretty much took a 2 in thick dowel and did a reverse hammering method on the end of the wire. I took a couple minutes on each one but they both popped right out.
82 KZ1000P
Café Racer/ Brat Project
-Clubman Bars
-End Mirrors
-Rear Shocks
Attachments:

KZ1000 Vibration 16 Aug 2015 12:11 #685973

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
The guides are probably shot too. I did mine a long time ago. It's not too difficult. Valves, seals and springs.
Steve
kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/596420-valves

KZ1000 Vibration 16 Aug 2015 12:37 #685978

• Garbosh
  • User
Yea I already have some brass guides and seals picked out. So many different springs though. Not sure which ones to get, there are high performance ones but they are for a larger cam lobe.
82 KZ1000P
Café Racer/ Brat Project
-Clubman Bars
-End Mirrors
-Rear Shocks

KZ1000 Vibration 16 Aug 2015 14:05 #685982

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationKibblewhite 40-1007. Just the springs, no retainers.

Check out,
www.blackdiamondvalves.com

They don't have the Doremi valves anymore.
There was a argument about if the springs are too stiff. They're not. My valve train sings like new. :woohoo:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garbosh

KZ1000 Vibration 16 Aug 2015 17:08 #685999

• Garbosh
  • User
Those two ebay items were the ones I had in my watch list haha.
82 KZ1000P
Café Racer/ Brat Project
-Clubman Bars
-End Mirrors
-Rear Shocks

KZ1000 Vibration 16 Aug 2015 17:45 #686000

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Unless you're going for a full out drag bike, stock valves and 10.25/1 pistons, plus some good cams will make it scream. I have the stock 1015 8.5/1 pistons in it now, 33mm smooth bores, 1X cams, a little tweak here and there and a V/H 4/1. Most riders I come up on want no part of Bossie. Get it up to 7000 RPM and got full power through the red line. :) Some will come up along side, blip the throttle, before they know it, I hit the red line and power shifted leaving them behind. Oh sure, they will come screaming by me, but the race is already over. :lol: All I need is my copper head gasket and I'll have my Wiseco 10.5/1's back in. Won't be long now. B)
Steve

She needs a bath.

Attachments:

Last edit: by SWest.

KZ1000 Vibration 16 Aug 2015 18:29 #686007

• Garbosh
  • User
Yea id like to remain all stock/aftermarket right now. I don't mind replacing with aftermarket parts here and there, maybe getting some reground cams in the future. I do want to get my exhaust side port and polished while working on this head.....like while waiting for the funds for the valve springs and guides...But im not trying to get too crazy. Pretty much I already have pods, upgraded jets, want a 4/1 ive had my eye on, the exhaust port and polish, stuff like that. Simple stuff, im not looking to change the head, pistons, or boring it out. That's a clean bike.
82 KZ1000P
Café Racer/ Brat Project
-Clubman Bars
-End Mirrors
-Rear Shocks