• Page:

TOPIC:

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 20 Jul 2014 19:14 #640749

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Since the Flag is being carried to the rally by other members. I've decided to make a ride out towards WY then down to Colorado. We plan on leaving Bend OR Saturday the 2nd of August. Spending a couple of days riding to the rally, probably making it there on Monday the 4th, which is before the official start of the 5th. But we will be leaving before the end, the 10th, as it will take another couple of days riding to get back to Oregon.
Anyone along this proposed route want to join in for some riding along the way, or travel to the rally, post up.
Check out this map link for the details, you can play all around with it street view or satellite view.
goo.gl/maps/uvPwE

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Motor Head.

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 24 Jul 2014 10:00 #641217

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Motor Head, That is an awesome looking route! I know if Kawaholic was still in Montana he would hook up for the ride to the Rally.
There is a real good chance that I will be there in South Fork by Monday evening myself. Look forward to meeting & riding with you. :woohoo:
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 24 Jul 2014 18:40 #641298

• Motor Head
  • User

Forrest wrote: Motor Head, That is an awesome looking route! I know if Kawaholic was still in Montana he would hook up for the ride to the Rally.
There is a real good chance that I will be there in South Fork by Monday evening myself. Look forward to meeting & riding with you. :woohoo:

We will be Tenting it, in the campground. Look for my KZ and a CBX, and two guys drinking Cold Beer!!!! :woohoo:
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 27 Jul 2014 17:44 #641668

• Motor Head
  • User
I'm nearly all packed up. Got the Vetter bags on, everything double checked, re-thinking the tool bag, what gear to bring etc. I'd be ready to go tomorrow, but have to work all next week! :whistle:
Last two weeks, I've mounted and balanced two new tires, check the wheel bearings (about 20K since I installed new ones), split the cases and replaced the sprocket output shaft bearing,oil change of course, all new oil seals and o-rings between the cases, clean the carbs and in-line filter, re-jet the carbs main jets, cleaned the air filter, lubed the cables, new chain and sprockets, refill charge and test the battery which is two years old, check the charging output, play around some more with the ignition advancer curve, adjust the valves, adjust the cam chain (APE manual), weld the stress cracks in my crash bars, wash the bike (never look as good as 650eds), make sure everything works, run it 125 miles. I even gassed it up!!
Come On Lets RIDE :woohoo: B)

Last edit: by Motor Head.

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 28 Jul 2014 05:11 #641711

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
WOW! :ohmy: If you are not ready then none of us are! Good prepping is key. Myself; wash bike, new tires, check oil, start engine! Good thing I'm trailering! :laugh:

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 28 Jul 2014 07:58 #641723

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510
Trailing is cheating Forrest.

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 28 Jul 2014 08:25 #641729

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

baldy110 wrote: Trailing is cheating Forrest.

HA! :laugh: Maybe so, but I am bringing two bikes. Plus my recent 5,026 mile bike trip in one week exacted a toll on my body. I am ok skipping Iowa and Nebraska. Also, I am bringing a few more tools in case anyone needs them. AND, having a truck and trailer on standby just in case one of us has a mechanical issue while on our group rides seems like a good idea. There also is a Kawasaki dealer in South Fork for service. They mostly deal in ATVs not bikes. Durango also has a full service Kawasaki shop..

The following user(s) said Thank You: Motor Head

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 29 Jul 2014 18:50 #641926

• Motor Head
  • User

baldy110 wrote: Trailing is cheating Forrest.

While it sounds as though he is making the trip with a trailer worthwhile, bring two bike etc.
You are correct with the Cheating. If its road legal, it should be ridden. :silly:
Going to be great meeting up for this Flag Carries Rally. Bring you rain gear also, as the weather will probably throw everything at us except for snow. :ohmy:

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 01 Aug 2014 21:22 #642421

• Motor Head
  • User
Leaving OR to head out for the rally at first light tomorrow morning. Camping in east Idaho or west Wyoming tomorrow night, see how it goes. There has been a lot of monsoonal weather around throughout that area with heavy rains and flash flooding. Colorado has been hit pretty hard also in areas. Looks like the monsoon flow from the gulf will continue over the next week, so there will be a very great chance of storms especially in the afternoons.
We are sure looking forward to the ride and meet up in south fork.
Everyone ride safe out there and have fun. B)

Mapping out the Ride to the Rally Oregon to Colo 02 Aug 2014 01:43 #642431

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
All right Motorhead! :woohoo: You and that CBX buddy ride safe and enjoy the journey. Lawrence is planning on departing on Sunday. Weather will start out with rain potential. Due to recent heavy rain, be careful on the roads especially corners, might be sand & gravel washed across. :ohmy: I am also planning on a Sunday departure. This will be the east of the Mississippi contingent. May bring along a surprise as well :whistle: If that is the case I may depart on Monday. Be in South Fork for sure Monday or Tuesday. I believe most of the week will be great weather, beginning Tuesday. How are 50s for lows and 70s for highs and sunny grab you! B)

Be safe everyone and see you and the Relay Flag soon!

Last edit: by Forrest. Reason: weather update
  • Page: