Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

I need serious help! 26 Jan 2024 07:36 #894456

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2071
I see that that manual covers the A and D models, so there will be some slight differences from your B. As I understand it, the main differences between the A and B are the wheels, front brakes, seat, tank, handlebars and fenders. In terms of servicing, you obviously have an additional front brake to deal with. It would also be a good idea to confirm the fork oil height, as the A and B may have a different service level.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheTrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TexasKZ.

I need serious help! 26 Jan 2024 10:52 #894467

• asphalt900
  • User
  • Thank you received: 167
Attn Street Fighter LTD! I just cannot get ever accustomed to, nor will ever, get accustomed to those foreword foot controls! Wrong positioning for a quick plant of ones foot. Believe me i;ve ridden plenty of steeds with this set-up but it's against my nature. Like riding a Trike or a Sidecar mounted, just isn't natural.   

I need serious help! 27 Jan 2024 06:35 #894487

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972

Attn Street Fighter LTD! I just cannot get ever accustomed to, nor will ever, get accustomed to those foreword foot controls! Wrong positioning for a quick plant of ones foot. Believe me i;ve ridden plenty of steeds with this set-up but it's against my nature. Like riding a Trike or a Sidecar mounted, just isn't natural.   
Forward foot controls ?????????????Never owned any..
How about rearsets 
I didn't convert over to rearsets for extended riding , I did so for aggressive riding / racing .. Which is what my LTD Turbo excels at...
I ride different style bikes for different kinds of riding .  
For cross country  touring  , like 2000 plus miles from Arizona  to Michigan  footboards are the way to go 
And having  highway pegs up front are a welcome accessory . .Being able to shift   position  while going 3 hours between gas stops  is critical  to  fun vs  cramping 
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheTrout