Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Mar 2012 00:30 #510122

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17
You guys are getting pretty close to me now in John Day area, eastern Oregon - next point from here with a registered member is Bend area, about 3 hours west of me - pretty big "hole" to fill after that!
John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Mar 2012 02:39 #510147

• Link14
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6

Motor Head wrote: So where after Montana? Will it go towards Idaho then over to the west, or down through Nevada? Or up into Canada? It will need to travel the west coast, so will that be from top to bottom or reverse?

Best guess now is a start in New Mexico with an end in Canada, if Tim will drop that far down south.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Mar 2012 11:06 #510184

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

TomW wrote:

Motor Head wrote: Yea if you ride through the center of the country again, try to keep the wheels down. But if you get out to Oregon, I got some cold beer that needs a bit of looking after.

I'll be riding my Voyager XII out west (if I feel it's ready) and it has a kill switch on the side stand, so that can't happen again. You got cold beer? Looks like I'll be seeing the northwest this summer. I also have a nephew in Portland. He needs a visit from his uncle.

Sounds like your nephew needs a visit for sure. You could be hauling that relay flag with you maybe?
If you ride across from Idaho, go through the North route through John Day, and not the south route through Burns. The route up through N. California, and up through Oregon is also good. The coast can be beautiful, but can be very wet also.
If you come over this summer, we'll get together for some riding for sure. I'm looking at going to Corvallis, on the coast, for Memorial day weekend.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Mar 2012 11:09 #510185

• Motor Head
  • User

Gary - K7GLD wrote: You guys are getting pretty close to me now in John Day area, eastern Oregon - next point from here with a registered member is Bend area, about 3 hours west of me - pretty big "hole" to fill after that!

If this weather straightens out, I'm thinking of a ride back in your direction soon. My buddy has friends in John Day/ Dayville. I'll give you a heads up, and see if you want to ride around a bit then as well.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Mar 2012 13:21 #510221

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17

Motor Head wrote:

Gary - K7GLD wrote: You guys are getting pretty close to me now in John Day area, eastern Oregon - next point from here with a registered member is Bend area, about 3 hours west of me - pretty big "hole" to fill after that!

If this weather straightens out, I'm thinking of a ride back in your direction soon. My buddy has friends in John Day/ Dayville. I'll give you a heads up, and see if you want to ride around a bit then as well.

Sounds possible - drop me an email when/if that trip gets closer!
John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Mar 2012 13:32 #510222

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Motor Head wrote:

TomW wrote:

Motor Head wrote: Yea if you ride through the center of the country again, try to keep the wheels down. But if you get out to Oregon, I got some cold beer that needs a bit of looking after.

I'll be riding my Voyager XII out west (if I feel it's ready) and it has a kill switch on the side stand, so that can't happen again. You got cold beer? Looks like I'll be seeing the northwest this summer. I also have a nephew in Portland. He needs a visit from his uncle.

Sounds like your nephew needs a visit for sure. You could be hauling that relay flag with you maybe?
If you ride across from Idaho, go through the North route through John Day, and not the south route through Burns. The route up through N. California, and up through Oregon is also good. The coast can be beautiful, but can be very wet also.
If you come over this summer, we'll get together for some riding for sure. I'm looking at going to Corvallis, on the coast, for Memorial day weekend.

I could certainly bring the flag with me. It all depends on timing and where the flag is when I get out west. I'm thinking I'll do some ride along time with other relayers. We'll see.

I'll probably come up thru Idaho from NM. I have a niece in San Francisco and another nephew and former brother in law in San Diego, so would probably head back down the coast for more visiting. Gonna be a long hot summer.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 14 Apr 2012 11:01 #515743

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
  • Thank you received: 1281
Am I to understand the flag will go through Oregon in November?

Bill
www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 14 Apr 2012 14:22 #515780

• KZP20Rider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, for those in eastern Washington, I am in Moses Lake and have 3 day weekends, so I can put some distance on if needed...depending on what time of year the miles need to be ridden...I am too old ot do snow on my bike anymore.
2001 KZ1000P

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Apr 2012 23:15 #516407

• Motor Head
  • User
Nov? We'll see once it gets going a bit faster. Its been in Florida quite a while, and if the pace continues who knows how long it might take to get close to us around here. Might be awhile. But when it does get near by, there are plenty of riders in the NW to move it, from the sounds of it.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 22 Apr 2012 12:42 #517303

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
I'm in Beaverton, near Portland, OR. I need someone to put me on the map and would love to carry the flag (but not in November).
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 23 Apr 2012 09:47 #517513

• SeattleKZ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
You can put me on the map too, I'm in Seattle, Wa 98133. I'd cary that flag B)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 23 Apr 2012 10:09 #517523

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
I just put this in the main relay thread as well but doesn't hurt to re-post it here:

Click on the link to the map on my signature to take you to the map. But you will need to have a Google account and signed into it in order to be able to edit the map and put your pin onto the map.
1. Zoom in to the city or town you are located first.
2. You will see a red "Edit" button on the top of the left window pane. Click on it.
3. On the upper left side of the right window you will see the blue pin. Left click on it once.
4. The blue pin will get highlighted. Then left click and hold this left button down while dragging the pin to your desired location, then let go.
5. You are offered the opportunity to input a title (your moniker and location if you like) and a brief description.
6. Left click the OK button and then the 'Save" button on the left window pane.

You can always go back and edit if you make a mistake.

Joe
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450