• User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
nice....nice
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 04 Jul 2013 22:10 #595096

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178

bluej58 wrote: My 110 lb. wife Rode the 1000 today with me on the back :woohoo:

I've got a nice quiet back road with lots of turns, she's getting her counter steering down good ;)

That is awesome Jack! Congrats to the Mrs. Happy 4th!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 04 Jul 2013 23:03 #595104

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

trianglelaguna wrote: Ed is trying to lay this ride thing at my feet but puppet strings aside....It was 100% Eds baby and born in his mind......
I only contributed a tissy fit post, days before his idea,asking how many guys had a running bike,camera,and actually knew how to air up their own tires and where the key goes to start it.....we had/have become so technical and fabrication orientated here on the site that no one had a bike that ran anymore.....
From a bunch of guys with vintage bikes who loved them and rode them and kept them running....we were becoming a site based on chopping them up,beefing them up,blinging them up,grafting them up ,welding modern parts onto them and ,then walking away in disgust without ever getting the once running bike back to running again. There were no pictures ,or few,of folks riding...hence kzrider...there were endless post of bikes on milk crates with gsxr wheels mocked up and post after post of broken things....I just wanted to know if anyone rode anymore...

im tired now and slightly sad....good bye

So Tri, if I understand you, You and/or Ed thought it would be a good idea for the KZ Riders in this country to get back to our roots. This would be riding these old bikes we have come to treasure & love. I could not agree more. My KZ is bone stock except for suspension mods so I don't get myself in trouble having fun on the ole girl.
That being said, let' encourage and help each other toward the common goal of successfully completing this Relay. I for one have Een guilty of not checking in frequently enough. I missed much of the origins of this fantastic idea and progress. I took notice once i _ hit Illinois. I for one am grateful for thinkers and doers like Ed, yourself, Tom W, Saxjonz, goodfastncheap, Justinz, Nate, and countless others. Thank You ALL for ALL you are doing.
So you see, whether it was all your idea or a small part of this, It has tken on a life of it's own. So, let's all pull together, be supportive and encourage on another toward a common goal. AND, let's take it easy on one another.
Again, any support I can provide is here for the asking.

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 05 Jul 2013 11:06 #595134

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19

trianglelaguna wrote: having 3 or 5 threads going is not cool for me...i cant follow one thread most days,let alone 4 or 5...

one flag...one ride...one thread....imho

Is there a was to just view unread posts on this site? I frequent others where that works. As it is, I only check in ;once a week myself because it is so difficult to pick up where I left off....
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 05 Jul 2013 11:28 #595136

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

toolmaker wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote: having 3 or 5 threads going is not cool for me...i cant follow one thread most days,let alone 4 or 5...

one flag...one ride...one thread....imho

Is there a was to just view unread posts on this site? I frequent others where that works. As it is, I only check in ;once a week myself because it is so difficult to pick up where I left off....

Not sure, that may be a question you can direct to the Board Administrators.

Are you on the main map with a pin for accepting the flag and relaying onward? If not be sure to stay in touch and get yourself on the list of Relay Riders. BTW, I would love to come out and ride in your great state!

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 05 Jul 2013 11:44 #595138

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098

toolmaker wrote: ...Is there a was to just view unread posts on this site? ... difficult to pick up where I left off....

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 05 Jul 2013 13:31 #595143

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
Hey Rodney King...lighten up on the "cant we all just get along"

All I did was wake up one morning, a few weeks ago, log on,and start flicking boogers at these threads to see where they stick....i could care less who has what ride next or where the flag is,or,when it will get here....I just noticed it getting kind of quiet.....FB has a north amercian relay run page that I started and we dropped off a bit on new pics or people joining

but as far as being supportive....and positive....I am a member in good standing and a constant source of input/feedback/ideas...my tone varies .... hanging on the phases of the moon and seas
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Last edit: by trianglelaguna.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 06 Jul 2013 01:11 #595252

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

trianglelaguna wrote: Hey Rodney King...lighten up on the "cant we all just get along"

All I did was wake up one morning, a few weeks ago, log on,and start flicking boogers at these threads to see where they stick....i could care less who has what ride next or where the flag is,or,when it will get here....I just noticed it getting kind of quiet.....FB has a north amercian relay run page that I started and we dropped off a bit on new pics or people joining

but as far as being supportive....and positive....I am a member in good standing and a constant source of input/feedback/ideas...my tone varies .... hanging on the phases of the moon and seas

So, your Bipolar? :woohoo: :silly: :side: :( ???

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 06 Jul 2013 01:14 #595254

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

Patton wrote:

toolmaker wrote: ...Is there a was to just view unread posts on this site? ... difficult to pick up where I left off....

Good Fortune! :)

Thank You Patton. You always make sense even in a crazy mixed up world. B)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 06 Jul 2013 11:43 #595270

• toolmaker
  • User
Thank you Patton, I guess I've been too lazy. I keep a favorite that brings me to the relay ride page directly and it never ocured to me to look at the main page.

I believe I'm still on the map and I'm just getting antsy to participate. Everyone is welcome to ride here in Oregon, espicially now when the weather is so good.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 06 Jul 2013 11:55 #595276

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

toolmaker wrote: Thank you Patton, I guess I've been too lazy. I keep a favorite that brings me to the relay ride page directly and it never ocured to me to look at the main page.

I believe I'm still on the map and I'm just getting antsy to participate. Everyone is welcome to ride here in Oregon, espicially now when the weather is so good.

How far east are you willing to ride to accept the flag? I believe that I PM'd you on a request for help. This request could mean helping by connecting someone in the Rocky Mountain or Great Plains area to aid getting the flag moving. BTW, have you looked at the Relay Ride Rocky Mountain Leg 4 Thread? Any help would be appreciated. The flag holder just needs someone that is willing to step up and accept the flag next. Logistics are a challenge but some including myself are willing to bridge any gaps. What say ye?

AND, maybe after this holiday weekend the KZ Rider forum will have some in the Rocky Mountain States logging back in. I am hopeful we can get things going for you and others soon.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 07 Jul 2013 10:05 #595359

• toolmaker
  • User
I could probably handle getting to eastern Oregon withour too much trouble, and I think there is someone there.....

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 16 Jul 2013 23:14 #596851

• mike0537
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm in Boise ID and can take on part of the journey. I'm not sure on the direction of travel with the flag but I am willing to help out!
1980 KZ750E

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 16 Jul 2013 23:26 #596857

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

mike0537 wrote: I'm in Boise ID and can take on part of the journey. I'm not sure on the direction of travel with the flag but I am willing to help out!

We shall see, but it may well come to Oregon after ID. I'll be up to come over and meet to get it from you. There are other Oregon/ Bend members also who have interest. So it may be a group ride.
Hopefully it will work through the Rockies soon.
;)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 00:03 #596873

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17
Sorry to have to possibly remove my name from the eastern Oregon riders - recent bouts of dizziness and lost equilibrium don't make a good mix for bike riding, so I've placed my bike up for sale:

bend.craigslist.org/mcy/3937480468.html

Might make a good bike for some members here having issues with the bikes they have - this one's ready to head out anywhere, anytime!

Shucks, I'll even throw in a brand new medium relay T-shirt - never been worn, waiting for the flag to get here...

Sorry guys - old age DOES take it's toll!
John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 00:06 #596874

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

Gary - K7GLD wrote: Sorry to have to possibly remove my name from the eastern Oregon riders - recent bouts of dizziness and lost equilibrium don't make a good mix for bike riding, so I've placed my bike up for sale:

bend.craigslist.org/mcy/3937480468.html

Might make a good bike for some members here having issues with the bikes they have - this one's ready to head out anywhere, anytime!

Shucks, I'll even throw in a brand new medium relay T-shirt - never been worn, waiting for the flag to get here...

Bummer! Was hoping to meet up for ride one day. Hope your health problems clear up.
Good luck with the bike sales.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 15:55 #596962

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

Gary - K7GLD wrote: Sorry to have to possibly remove my name from the eastern Oregon riders - recent bouts of dizziness and lost equilibrium don't make a good mix for bike riding, so I've placed my bike up for sale:

Gary, So sorry to see this post. :( Listen, keep your shirt and just find a way to meet up with some of the other NorthWest Riders at a Relay hand off. You are as much a part of this if not more than many of us. Beautiful bike, hope you can keep it.

Things are coming together for the Relay, so please keep in mind you are on of us Big Brother! Stay around even if you don't ride and sell the bike.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 16:00 #596964

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248

mike0537 wrote: I'm in Boise ID and can take on part of the journey. I'm not sure on the direction of travel with the flag but I am willing to help out!

I believe the flag will be handed to me @ Olde Faithful in Wyoming on July 27th. I can then take it home to Missoula MT and then on to ID.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 16:04 #596966

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

Hey Mike, We could use your help. We have a rider in Montana who will take The Flag hand Off from Me in Wyoming. Look at the Rocky Mountain Leg #4 Thread for more details. >>>> www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/50...ountain-leg?start=20

The Relay is gaining momentum and YOU can help. Get in touch anytime. Here is my cell# 630-391-1787

Forrest White

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 16:09 #596967

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17

Forrest wrote:

Gary, So sorry to see this post. :( Listen, keep your shirt and just find a way to meet up with some of the other NorthWest Riders at a Relay hand off. You are as much a part of this if not more than many of us. Beautiful bike, hope you can keep it.

Things are coming together for the Relay, so please keep in mind you are on of us Big Brother! Stay around even if you don't ride and sell the bike.

WELL, I just wanted to post a heads-up for those counting on me for the eastern Oregon hookup for passing the flag - IF the bike doesn't sell, and IF my dizziness passes by the time there is a need for me to fill the gap, I'll be here - just wanted to give notice that things might change as far as my participation is concerned - let's keep our fingers crossed! :lol:
John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

Last edit: by Gary - K7GLD.