Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 06 May 2014 19:50 #631600

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

kaw-a-holic wrote: Good job guys, thank you for your patience and dedication to keeping the flag moving.

Hey Jon, I still have your cell # from last summer. Is it correct? Or did you change #'s?
Someone should start up a KZR Relay South West Leg Thread, so another section can take place. People can easily see that the Relay is coming or in their area. Get some contacts set up etc.
Hope you get your bike going ASAP, you need to ride that KZ again! ;)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 06 May 2014 21:44 #631620

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248

Motor Head wrote:

kaw-a-holic wrote: Good job guys, thank you for your patience and dedication to keeping the flag moving.

Hey Jon, I still have your cell # from last summer. Is it correct? Or did you change #'s?
Someone should start up a KZR Relay South West Leg Thread, so another section can take place. People can easily see that the Relay is coming or in their area. Get some contacts set up etc.

No it changed recently. I will PM you, had some questions I think you can help me with anyway.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 13 May 2014 12:25 #632274

• Motor Head
  • User

kaw-a-holic wrote:

Motor Head wrote:

No it changed recently. I will PM you, had some questions I think you can help me with anyway.

Got it, thanks. Will be in Touch, for the Rally etc.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 19 May 2014 12:16 #632964

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 267
Well, Fellas,
It's been a long time coming, but the flag is finally on it's way to California! :woohoo: I have been in touch with Darryl (motorhead) and we have tentative plans to meet up June 7 & 8 in Lassen National Park for the hand off. I'm just waiting on a final confirmation from motorhead before I make hotel reservations, and I'll be on my way!
If anybody is interested in riding along, Curtis (C.T.) That would be great. Come out and support the brotherhood of vintage Kawasaki riders in your area!
Craig (trianglelaguna) you're next brother! I read your bike is down, just give me a "heads-up" and I'll get headed down to the Carmel area for the day.

Ride safe my friends. Paul
Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods

Last edit: by slayer61.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 19 May 2014 14:55 #632989

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
good job Paul,
yes my bike down and may be for some time,we may need to find another route and leave me out of this
I'll know more by the weekend but it may time for the head to come off and a long over do motor job ...rats
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 19 May 2014 15:03 #632992

• Motor Head
  • User

slayer61 wrote: Well, Fellas,
It's been a long time coming, but the flag is finally on it's way to California! :woohoo: I have been in touch with Darryl (motorhead) and we have tentative plans to meet up June 7 & 8 in Lassen National Park for the hand off. I'm just waiting on a final confirmation from motorhead before I make hotel reservations, and I'll be on my way!
If anybody is interested in riding along, Curtis (C.T.) That would be great. Come out and support the brotherhood of vintage Kawasaki riders in your area!
Craig (trianglelaguna) you're next brother! I read your bike is down, just give me a "heads-up" and I'll get headed down to the Carmel area for the day.

Ride safe my friends. Paul

Yes Sir, all set for that weekend. Just need the actual spot to meet, as there are several campgrounds, overlooks etc.
I am going to give you a call to see what your thoughts are. I need to be in front of a decent computer, which can handle Google maps. Mt Wi-Fi at the house sucks.
At least 2 of us will be coming from Bend on Saturday, then camping there to come back on Sunday. Trying to get Bill (KZCSI) to tag along, he sounds like he wants to join in. Not sure about Toolmaker, I did tell him when and where we will meet. Haven't heard back from him on the subject.
Looking forward to it!! B)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 19 May 2014 21:31 #633041

• kaw-a-holic
  • User

trianglelaguna wrote: good job Paul,
yes my bike down and may be for some time,we may need to find another route and leave me out of this
I'll know more by the weekend but it may time for the head to come off and a long over do motor job ...rats

Trianglelaguna,
Keep in mind that we have yet to find anyone to carry it in NV. My bike is still down and more than likely wont be done until end of June. Unless someone one else from AZ is willing to get the flag sooner from CA then there is no hurry. I would really like you to be able to carry the flag. You have been waiting patiently :whistle: for the flag to reach CA.
Hopefully you can get the bike running and get a chance to carry the flag and meet some of the guys in the forum. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Are you going to the Rally in August?
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 May 2014 06:34 #633061

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
if I take my engine apart it will be getting mailed to pit stop performance and that will likely take a while tur around time...what rally??
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 May 2014 07:04 #633063

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
[/quote]
Yes Sir, all set for that weekend. Just need the actual spot to meet, as there are several campgrounds, overlooks etc.
I am going to give you a call to see what your thoughts are. I need to be in front of a decent computer, which can handle Google maps. Mt Wi-Fi at the house sucks.
At least 2 of us will be coming from Bend on Saturday, then camping there to come back on Sunday. Trying to get Bill (KZCSI) to tag along, he sounds like he wants to join in. Not sure about Toolmaker, I did tell him when and where we will meet. Haven't heard back from him on the subject.
Looking forward to it!! B)[/quote]

I haven't heard from anyone, but I will probably be available. Are you thinking of blasting down 97?
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 May 2014 17:19 #633155

• Motor Head
  • User

toolmaker wrote:

Looking forward to it!! B)[/quote]

I haven't heard from anyone, but I will probably be available. Are you thinking of blasting down 97?[/quote]
Got a plan of 97 down to Klamath Falls. then inland down to the Mt Lassen National park. Then over to Susanville, back up to Lake view, then Bend. About a monkey butt ride in two days, but hey why not??
:laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna, bluej58

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 May 2014 18:44 #633182

• kaw-a-holic
  • User

trianglelaguna wrote: if I take my engine apart it will be getting mailed to pit stop performance and that will likely take a while tur around time...what rally??

2014 North American Relay Rally

ATTENTION: You are all cordially invited to A KZ RIDER RALLY!

This rally will serve two main purposes:

1) Celebrate the the KZ Rider North American Flag Relay.

2) Simply bring together fellow moto enthusiasts with a focus on Vintage KZ Kawasakis.

This Rally will be a great way for anyone who has carried The Relay Flag or wished they had participated to gather and celebrate the Relay. This Rally is NOT just for KZ Riders who carried the Flag. This is an open invitation for all KZ Riders, their family & friends to come together and simply celebrate our common interest.

Here are a few details:

When?................... August 5th - 10th 2014...Come for one or all 5 days, YOU Choose!
Where?.................. Ute Bluff Lodge, South Fork, Colorado
Why?.................... Close proximity to The 4 Corners* and some of the best Roads to ride motorcycles in the world.
Website ............... www.uteblufflodge.com/Default.aspx

* There has been some discussion as to where the KZ Rider Relay Flag would end upon completion. The general consensus is The Relay Flag will travel down the West Coast later this year or in 2014 ending at The 4 Corners of Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, & Colorado. This will make for a grand finale for a great Relay! B)

The Rally Point is not conveniently located near anyone in particular. It is more about bringing a group of KZ Riders close to the symbolic if not actual completion of The Relay Ride.

I have spoken to the owners of the Ute Bluff Lodge. The following are some advantages of staying at their lodge, cabin, and RV grounds:

- They are motorcycle friendly.
- They are offering us a group discount regardless of a lodge room, cabin or RV site. Be sure to mention that you are part of the KZ Rider Relay Rally to receive your 10% discount!

- AND best of all they are on the doorstep of some of the greatest motorcycling roads anywhere.

This Owners Group & Forum in North America has been reinvigorated by this Relay. AND, now we can celebrate by coming together.

Please feel free to post up your interest in attending. Also, click on the Ute Bluff Lodge website link. There you can find the contact information to reserve your space. Craig & Annette will be happy to hold a room, cabin, or space for you! Here is their contact information:

Craig & Annette Williams
Ute Bluff Lodge, Cabins, & RV Park
27680 US Highway 160
South Fork, CO 81154
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1-800-473-0595

I will either post all attendees here or create a separate thread if need be.

So, COME ONE! COME ALL!

ATTENDEES:

Forrest
Upncummr
Tom W.
Goodfastncheap- "There!"
SaxJonz
Baldy
Kaw-a-holic
Jeffasaki - on a facecloth...
Peter1958
Motorhead - PNW Represented!
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 21 May 2014 06:01 #633235

• toolmaker
  • User
I should be able to ride along at least part of the way. Probably ride over to Bend on the 6th and spend the night there somewhere.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 21 May 2014 06:57 #633237

• Motor Head
  • User
Meeting up with Slayer61 and his wife on Saturday the 7th of June for the flag transfer, here at Mineral lodge.
Lassen Mineral Lodge
Hwy. 36 East
P.O. Box 160
Mineral, California
Way Cool!!!
Should be a great ride!!!! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaw-a-holic

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 21 May 2014 07:03 #633240

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
Right on ride safe guys
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 21 May 2014 08:34 #633265

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 267
Really looking forward to this! Except :blush: my wife wants to ride her BIG bike

Leaving me her little bike :pinch:

All 6'3" and 250 pounds of me on a 550! :blink:
Maybe I'll ride my ZRX ;)
Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 23 May 2014 07:02 #633620

• Motor Head
  • User
If there are any interested riders out there, this is our weekend ride, more or less. There are some great back roads also that are off of this main route that depending on the weather etc on that weekend may be taken as well.
goo.gl/maps/bHPEc

Attachments:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 23 May 2014 10:06 #633646

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Way to go Motorhead, Toolmaker, and Slayer! Wishing you all safe and fun legs to your Relay Ride.

BTW, I will be heading to California on my C-14. Will be riding from Morrow Bay on Saturday 6/28 or Sunday 6/29 heading to San Fransisco if anyone is interested in riding or meeting with the flag. I won't be on the KZ but would be interested in visiting with KZ Riders on the West Coast. I will be riding back home from San Fran through Sacramento, Tahoe and Nevada. I can meet up if anyone needs a wing man to take The Relay Flag into Nevada.
Again, best wishes on Your Relay Rides!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 23 May 2014 16:12 #633689

• Motor Head
  • User

Forrest wrote: Way to go Motorhead, Toolmaker, and Slayer! Wishing you all safe and fun legs to your Relay Ride.

BTW, I will be heading to California on my C-14. Will be riding from Morrow Bay on Saturday 6/28 or Sunday 6/29 heading to San Fransisco if anyone is interested in riding or meeting with the flag. I won't be on the KZ but would be interested in visiting with KZ Riders on the West Coast. I will be riding back home from San Fran through Sacramento, Tahoe and Nevada. I can meet up if anyone needs a wing man to take The Relay Flag into Nevada.
Again, best wishes on Your Relay Rides!

We are going to be riding around in the Trinity Alps, around ETNA and other areas about that same time. Last weekend in June.
PM me your Cell # for sure. Maybe we can meet up for a beer?
:)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 24 May 2014 05:54 #633749

• toolmaker
  • User
I won't make it that weekend - I have a graduation to attend. I guess it's not meant to be....

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 24 May 2014 06:47 #633751

• Motor Head
  • User

toolmaker wrote: I won't make it that weekend - I have a graduation to attend. I guess it's not meant to be....

The weekend of the 7-8th of June?? Thats the next Flag movement, down to CA. The other ride at the end of June is just that, another ride, of a 1000 miles +. :)