Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 31 Mar 2014 14:59 #627261

• schuss
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm free this weekend and have been looking for an excuse to ride. it's beautiful out there today!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 31 Mar 2014 15:17 #627264

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132
you guys keep complaining and Bluejay will have to ride across country and get it :laugh: don't underestimate his ability to move the flag That man was part of several handoffs!!
Like they say don't complain fire the beast up and go get it!
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 31 Mar 2014 18:56 #627316

• les holt
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
BlueJ or Forrest either one would!! I met Forrest for breakfast Sunday, less than 15 miles from my home and he'd already logged over 150 miles. 36 deg. when I pulled out, can't imagine his ride!! Between those two gentlemen, I'm a non riding wuss!!! A fair weather rider at best. So, lets pony up and ride gents!! After meeting these guys, I'm somewhat ashamed of my part in the relay.

Les Holt

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 31 Mar 2014 19:10 #627321

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
Lets not forget this relay is just an excuse to get out and ride these old Kaws. Its about getting out on these awesome bikes and meets some fellows KZ Riders. Nothing more nothing less. There is no place for the flag to go once it is done. If the flag does not go North into Canada before travelling farther south to Cali I think it would be awesome to get it to Canada so they can move it across their spacious country. Just my 2 cents.

Les, any contribution to move the flag is spectacular. I personally can not wait to have an opportunity to carry it again(fingers crossed). I am like Forrest I don't care how far I have to travel to get it. Its just another excuse to ride!

Cheers gentlemen! Thank you to all who have participated so far.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 01 Apr 2014 05:55 #627385

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
Don't get me wrong....I've been excited about the relay ride since I heard about it 2 years ago. I just don't ride as much as I used to am I'm not up for long rides anymore. Add to that my schedule has been frantic lately with building a new shop and now moving in, well, priorities are something to take into account. I'll try to get together with Schuss as soon as I can, but I still haven't heard from anyone south of me top pass it off to.
TM
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 01 Apr 2014 12:47 #627437

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Hey Toolmaker, Schuss says he is ready to roll and the weather has improved. You two are approx 180 miles apart from each other. That is only about 90 miles each if you split the ride and meet halfway. All that is needed would be 3-4 total hours out of your day. You have expressed some concerns about who will be there for you to pass The Flag on to. I believe when The Flag moves you will see more interest and there will be another who will be willing to accept The Relay Flag from you. Remember, not many of us have someone to relay to immediately after receiving The Flag. I was fortunate to have Kaw-a-holic on the receiving end especially since I was 1,400 miles from home. No need to worry or fuss over who is next or when. It will come my fellow KZ Rider! Keep the faith and The Relay Flag for as long as it takes to connect with another willing to accept The Flag. This is the beauty of the event; it has a life of its own and the pace is whatever it will be. It can move quickly and it can move slowly. It is all good.

Yes, selfless KZ Riders like BlueJ58, SaxJonz, Kaw-a-holic, KZCSI, Motorhead and so many others have contributed by not only logging miles with The Relay Flag but have stepped up to keep not only this Relay alive but also to make this forum a better place. The very least we all can do is remain positive and helpful to each other. This IMHO is one of the greatest ongoing events conceived & executed on any motorcycle forum. We should be proud!

Yeah, I rode 180 miles one way to have a cup of coffee with Les just this past Sunday. I logged a total of 445 miles that day, a bit much for the first ride of my season but overall enjoyable. High mile days are not for everyone. I enjoy getting out on my motorcycles plain & simple. Let me tell you, Les is no slouch. He lives more on his Turbo KZ in 9 seconds on one wheel with 20 lbs of boost than most of us do in a month of sundays. You have my respect Les for contributing to The Relay as well as everything else you do for others here. Hope to meet up again soon! B)
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 01 Apr 2014 17:29 #627470

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132

Forrest wrote: Hey Toolmaker, Schuss says he is ready to roll and the weather has improved. You two are approx 180 miles apart from each other. That is only about 90 miles each if you split the ride and meet halfway. All that is needed would be 3-4 total hours out of your day. You have expressed some concerns about who will be there for you to pass The Flag on to. I believe when The Flag moves you will see more interest and there will be another who will be willing to accept The Relay Flag from you. Remember, not many of us have someone to relay to immediately after receiving The Flag. I was fortunate to have Kaw-a-holic on the receiving end especially since I was 1,400 miles from home. No need to worry or fuss over who is next or when. It will come my fellow KZ Rider! Keep the faith and The Relay Flag for as long as it takes to connect with another willing to accept The Flag. This is the beauty of the event; it has a life of its own and the pace is whatever it will be. It can move quickly and it can move slowly. It is all good.

Yes, selfless KZ Riders like BlueJ58, SaxJonz, Kaw-a-holic, KZCSI, Motorhead and so many others have contributed by not only logging miles with The Relay Flag but have stepped up to keep not only this Relay alive but also to make this forum a better place. The very least we all can do is remain positive and helpful to each other. This IMHO is one of the greatest ongoing events conceived & executed on any motorcycle forum. We should be proud!

Yeah, I rode 180 miles one way to have a cup of coffee with Les just this past Sunday. I logged a total of 445 miles that day, a bit much for the first ride of my season but overall enjoyable. High mile days are not for everyone. I enjoy getting out on my motorcycles plain & simple. Let me tell you, Les is no slouch. He lives more on his Turbo KZ in 9 seconds on one wheel with 20 lbs of boost than most of us do in a month of sundays. You have my respect Les for contributing to The Relay as well as everything else you do for others here. Hope to meet up again soon! B)

If there was a Like button I would hit it but I will just Say "well Said"
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 01 Apr 2014 17:49 #627472

• les holt
  • Vendor

ramtough_63 wrote:

Forrest wrote: Hey Toolmaker, Schuss says he is ready to roll and the weather has improved. You two are approx 180 miles apart from each other. That is only about 90 miles each if you split the ride and meet halfway. All that is needed would be 3-4 total hours out of your day. You have expressed some concerns about who will be there for you to pass The Flag on to. I believe when The Flag moves you will see more interest and there will be another who will be willing to accept The Relay Flag from you. Remember, not many of us have someone to relay to immediately after receiving The Flag. I was fortunate to have Kaw-a-holic on the receiving end especially since I was 1,400 miles from home. No need to worry or fuss over who is next or when. It will come my fellow KZ Rider! Keep the faith and The Relay Flag for as long as it takes to connect with another willing to accept The Flag. This is the beauty of the event; it has a life of its own and the pace is whatever it will be. It can move quickly and it can move slowly. It is all good.

If there was a Like button I would hit it but I will just Say "well Said"

I say "well said" as well!!! Battery supposed to be here by friday! reg/rect already here. I will put more than the short miles on next time Forrest! Heading to Michigan next week and hoping to take the bike and hook up with another turbo and maybe get a few miles under our belts together as well!! Just take every chance you get to put a few miles on, If you don't, you'll look back with regret one day.

As for the flag, just hang in there and stay persistent, it will come!!

Les Holt

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 01 Apr 2014 21:22 #627482

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
Hey Les, are you going to be joining us for the Rally in August?
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 02 Apr 2014 09:04 #627522

• les holt
  • Vendor
I'd love to make it but at around 1,200 miles and 18 hrs of drive, I have to decline. Honestly, it's too much with my other obligations and I'm sure it would be a needed vacation but saving that for honeymoon this fall, mama wins that vacation.

Les Holt

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 03 Apr 2014 05:14 #627631

• toolmaker
  • User
Happy wife, happy life....
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: les holt, saxjonz

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 03 Apr 2014 06:27 #627642

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Hey Toolmaker & Schuss, The weather looks good Sunday on in your area.
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 11 Apr 2014 06:48 #628658

• toolmaker
  • User
It looks like we will get the flag moving next week if all goes well. Anyone south of Portland interested in getting together?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaw-a-holic

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 11 Apr 2014 19:37 #628738

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
The only N.CA contact I have is Slayer61 down south of Sacramento. I was in contact with him last fall, and I just heard from him again the other day. He is up for the relay still. So once it gets to Portland, there needs to be a link south, possibly into N.CA and beyond. I have a trip already planned to ride to N.CA in June, so I could take it then, if it needs moving. Or another weekend of a meet up more half way if Slayer61 is up for it. Since the relay doesn't seem to be moving to Canada, it might as well just move south through the rest of the states, then be at the rally at 4 corners in August.
Anyone from the Pacific north West going to 4 corners? Plan a head, post up your intentions. I'm going to ride there and back, with my friend and his CBX.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 23 Apr 2014 19:03 #630137

• Motor Head
  • User
Any Relay riders in between Washington State and the Rally in 4 Corners, Please Post Up that you would like to take part in the relay. Post in the main thread or here.
Thanks.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 23 Apr 2014 21:11 #630156

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
I'm in AZ now but at least 6 weeks before the bike will be done. I'm willing to ride as far as I have to to get the flag on its way.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 25 Apr 2014 11:42 #630389

• fastidiots
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I live in Roseburg, OR and would love to help move this along...unfortunatley I'm semi-bikeless right now as my one year kz1000 project goes into it third year, and my kz750 that I picked up to be a daily rider is still giving me problems ans needs more $ put into it than i was expecting. This leaves me with my wifes 260cc chinese scooter as the most reliable thing here to ride. :( :angry: :sick:
82 KZ1000 J
76 KZ750 B1

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 25 Apr 2014 13:06 #630408

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
at this point i think we could just put some kz parts in the trunk of the car and drape the flag over the parts and drive it to the next bike/rider that is ready now
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 25 Apr 2014 13:07 #630409

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
or maybe just find a mailman that even can spell kawasaki or likes the color green and give it to him
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 27 Apr 2014 06:39 #630553

• Motor Head
  • User

fastidiots wrote: I live in Roseburg, OR and would love to help move this along...unfortunatley I'm semi-bikeless right now as my one year kz1000 project goes into it third year, and my kz750 that I picked up to be a daily rider is still giving me problems ans needs more $ put into it than i was expecting. This leaves me with my wifes 260cc chinese scooter as the most reliable thing here to ride. :( :angry: :sick:

Thanks for the interest in the relay. Hopefully you'll get the KZ running before the flag makes another trip around the Continent. Or at least that's been the talk, a second, or continuous relay. So keep tuned in to KZR to see if that becomes the reality.
Sorry no Chinese scooters are allowed to carry the Flag.
So once you get the KZ running post up. B)