Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 09 Aug 2013 13:12 #600592

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248

Motor Head wrote: Good to hear this is going to happen. Which weekend please? I need to know ASAP so I can get some time off if needed.
B)

Darryl,
Mike may not be carrying the flag. He is working 12 hour days. I did offer to carry the flag to Boise so he can take part and at least ride out of town with me for an hour or so. I'm still waiting to hear back.
If this happens how close cane you get to Boise? I'm thinking next weekend will work for me if you can make it happen. I work 4-9pm tonight you can call me before or after or during the weekend. I PM'd you my contact information.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 09 Aug 2013 15:19 #600601

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178

jeffasaki wrote: we need a updated pic of the flag/flags
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: k

Hey Jeff, I recommend going to the North American Relay Ride Photo Album. Lots of recent pictures there! ;) >>>

www.kzrider.com/forum/17-ride-reports/50...hoto-album?start=180
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 09 Aug 2013 17:58 #600615

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

kaw-a-holic wrote:

Motor Head wrote: Good to hear this is going to happen. Which weekend please? I need to know ASAP so I can get some time off if needed.
B)

Darryl,
Mike may not be carrying the flag. He is working 12 hour days. I did offer to carry the flag to Boise so he can take part and at least ride out of town with me for an hour or so. I'm still waiting to hear back.
If this happens how close cane you get to Boise? I'm thinking next weekend will work for me if you can make it happen. I work 4-9pm tonight you can call me before or after or during the weekend. I PM'd you my contact information.

Thats fine with me. Or whatever basically.
Let me know which weekend your up for it. I'll take some days off of work.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 09 Aug 2013 18:09 #600617

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
Motor head
Lets plan 2 routes. One with Boise, ID and one some where between the two of us. Im in Missoula MT. Where in Oregon are you coming from? Are you taking it to WA afterwards?
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 09 Aug 2013 21:50 #600632

• Motor Head
  • User

kaw-a-holic wrote: Motor head
Lets plan 2 routes. One with Boise, ID and one some where between the two of us. Im in Missoula MT. Where in Oregon are you coming from? Are you taking it to WA afterwards?

Bend, Oregon
2 routes, sure. Lets try to get Mike involved. If that falls through we can have a back up plan/ route. Now that I know which weekend, I can get sometime off. See who wants to also ride along etc. Maybe Toolmaker wants to come from Portland? Maybe Bill/ KZCSI may be able to get away for the ride. Who knows.

So riders interested in Oregon. Please let me know if you would like to be part of this relay ride.
Saturday the 17th, this next week. Ride from Bend, to Boise. Then if you desire, ride up into the corner of Washington, then back to Bend from the north. Its the ride I posted already.
Now we are also going to plan another route. If we are Not going to be able to meet with Mike in Boise, we will most likely have a more northerly route there also. This back up route is currently in the works and I'll post it soon.

Something like this?
goo.gl/maps/2mQwk

This was the original plan I posted before
goo.gl/maps/gE5HU

Current weather forecast is for clear and in the 80's. Sweet. Come on guys, lets ride!
B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap

Last edit: by Motor Head.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 10 Aug 2013 09:29 #600673

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Both routes look like fun, I wish I could join you guys .

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 10 Aug 2013 10:24 #600674

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
Fantastic! I can't wait. This will be a great ride either route.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 10 Aug 2013 10:38 #600675

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

bluej58 wrote: Both routes look like fun, I wish I could join you guys .

JD

Me too. That's an ambitious ride. The short route looks like well over 500 miles. You gonna do that in 1 day?
You guys out west are doing a great job moving the flag(s). Get them down to So. Cal before the snow flies in No. Arizona and I'll grab up OMR in Phoenix and go to the Four Corners with him. :woohoo: I'm heading down to New Mexico in early Oct.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 10 Aug 2013 10:45 #600676

• Motor Head
  • User

TomW wrote:

bluej58 wrote: Both routes look like fun, I wish I could join you guys .

JD

Me too. That's an ambitious ride. The short route looks like well over 500 miles. You gonna do that in 1 day?
You guys out west are doing a great job moving the flag(s). Get them down to So. Cal before the snow flies in No. Arizona and I'll grab up OMR in Phoenix and go to the Four Corners with him. :woohoo: I'm heading down to New Mexico in early Oct.

Tom, remember were heading towards each other. So maybe like 3-400 at the farthest in one direction. I'm camping out, then riding more, camping, riding, to bad i have to come back. :lol:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 10 Aug 2013 10:58 #600677

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
Fantastic routes! I was looking at the first shorter route and even that one goes through three national forests. The one through Clearwater National Forest follows the river through the big part of that forest until the river ends (or where it begins I guess). Would have loved to make this ride. Get lots of pictures. Are you guys planning on camping a night? Watch out for the Moose. Ride safe.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

Last edit: by KZJOE900.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 10 Aug 2013 11:21 #600680

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
It is a bit of a ride but that what life is like in the Northwest. You don't really notice it because there is so much beautiful scenery. Forrest rode 940 miles to bring the flag to WY on his 650. If he can do that I can handle another 400-500 mile trip. We have a new member from Polson, MT that may also be joining me for part of the as long as we can get his bike sorted out this weekend.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 10 Aug 2013 11:30 #600681

• Motor Head
  • User

KZJOE900 wrote: Fantastic routes! I was looking at the first shorter route and even that one goes through three national forests. The one through Clearwater National Forest follows the river through the big part of that forest until the river ends (or where it begins I guess). Would have loved to make this ride. Get lots of pictures. Are you guys planning on camping a night? Watch out for the Moose. Ride safe.

Hopefully we will be meeting up with Mike in Boise. So I've planned to Camp here at this park not far out of town and on the Snake River. If its full, I'll find my own spot.
www.visitidaho.org/lodging/public-lands-...ground/montour-park/

Then if we go to Lewiston area, well Hells Gate is a big park.
www.visitidaho.org/lodging/public-lands-...lls-gate-state-park/

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 10 Aug 2013 14:17 #600695

• kaw-a-holic
  • User

KZCSI wrote: Am I to understand the flag will go through Oregon in November?

Bill

No, the flag will be in Oregon by 8-19-2013 if all goes as planned.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 11 Aug 2013 00:49 #600770

• mike0537
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Kaw-a-holic and motor head, I really want to make part of the ride with you guys! I can travel part of the way. 17th or 18th should work. I've just started a new job and been working 12 hr days and have a young family of a wife and 3 boys. I can ride out and meet Kaw-a-holic and ride with him for a while. If we can make a tentative map of the ride I can tell you where I can meet up and ride to. I think it will be easier to keep us 3 in contact on this thread instead of through PM since it is going 3 ways. Also work is so busy I no longer have time to surf the web or even text (my wife isn't happy about that one). So it may not be until later in the evenings when I can get back to you guys! Thank you for trying to keep me included!!
1980 KZ750E

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 11 Aug 2013 01:56 #600785

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
Just glad to hear that you will be able to join us. I don't have an issue with riding to Boise to meet you nor does Motor Head. He has posted a map of the proposed ride to Boise. We can meet there then ride out and you can drop off when ever you need to.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 11 Aug 2013 10:21 #600814

• Motor Head
  • User

mike0537 wrote: Kaw-a-holic and motor head, I really want to make part of the ride with you guys! I can travel part of the way. 17th or 18th should work. I've just started a new job and been working 12 hr days and have a young family of a wife and 3 boys. I can ride out and meet Kaw-a-holic and ride with him for a while. If we can make a tentative map of the ride I can tell you where I can meet up and ride to. I think it will be easier to keep us 3 in contact on this thread instead of through PM since it is going 3 ways. Also work is so busy I no longer have time to surf the web or even text (my wife isn't happy about that one). So it may not be until later in the evenings when I can get back to you guys! Thank you for trying to keep me included!!

Excellent Mike!
Boise it is. I'm planning on heading to this campground near Emmett, www.visitidaho.org/lodging/public-lands-...ground/montour-park/.
goo.gl/maps/hgnxP
You live there, and while I've been through there plenty of times, you should suggest a good meeting place and time. I should be there by 5-6 pm at the very latest. Probably more like 2-3pm. I figure go book into the camp, then hopefully meet later? Whats best for you, it sounds like. I think Kaw-a-holic will be pretty flexible also.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 11 Aug 2013 16:19 #600865

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Motor Head wrote:

TomW wrote:

bluej58 wrote: Tom, remember were heading towards each other. So maybe like 3-400 at the farthest in one direction. I'm camping out, then riding more, camping, riding, to bad i have to come back. :lol:

I'd like to stay out in the boonies too. Going back, that doubles your distance. Now that you've decided to go south to Boise, how are going to pick up Washington? Are there riders up there ready to go?

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 11 Aug 2013 18:43 #600880

• Motor Head
  • User

TomW wrote:

Motor Head wrote:

TomW wrote:

bluej58 wrote: Tom, remember were heading towards each other. So maybe like 3-400 at the farthest in one direction. I'm camping out, then riding more, camping, riding, to bad i have to come back. :lol:

I'd like to stay out in the boonies too. Going back, that doubles your distance. Now that you've decided to go south to Boise, how are going to pick up Washington? Are there riders up there ready to go?

Well I just printed out the directions for all of it. I have decided to change the Return route slightly, as I have heard from No One in East Washington :( .
But there is Schuss in Seattle, so that will be another weekend.
Here is the route I have planned for returning from Boise. Hopefully Kaw-a-holic and I can ride together to Lewiston. Not sure how far Mike will ride from Boise. It also includes meeting Gary in John Day so he can be part of the relay.
Fun Fun Fun! :woohoo:
goo.gl/maps/tRlwf

Also the big picture for me, big 1K loop: goo.gl/maps/e3YZI

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary - K7GLD

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 11 Aug 2013 21:42 #600922

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17

Motor Head wrote:

TomW wrote:

Motor Head wrote:

TomW wrote:

Well I just printed out the directions for all of it. I have decided to change the Return route slightly, as I have heard from No One in East Washington :( .
But there is Schuss in Seattle, so that will be another weekend.
Here is the route I have planned for returning from Boise. Hopefully Kaw-a-holic and I can ride together to Lewiston. Not sure how far Mike will ride from Boise. It also includes meeting Gary in John Day so he can be part of the relay.
Fun Fun Fun! :woohoo:
goo.gl/maps/tRlwf

Also the big picture for me, big 1K loop: goo.gl/maps/e3YZI

Man, I envy your ability and enthusiasm! Sure wish my butt, ability, and ambitions matched yours! You're going to see some VERY nice country, but the miles... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Remember lunch - or whatever is appropriate at the right time and place, is on ME!

John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 11 Aug 2013 21:52 #600925

• Motor Head
  • User
No Worries Gary. I look forward to it. I've actually ridden all but maybe 250 miles of it before. We were just out near the Snake river at Hells canyon, Joseph, Enterprise, N Powder, Athena etc about a month ago, for Hodaka Days. But I rode my 90 Concours. We had a Blast!