Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 19:06 #596988

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178

kaw-a-holic wrote:

mike0537 wrote: I'm in Boise ID and can take on part of the journey. I'm not sure on the direction of travel with the flag but I am willing to help out!

I believe the flag will be handed to me @ Olde Faithful in Wyoming on July 27th. I can then take it home to Missoula MT and then on to ID.

EXACTLY!!! :P AND, Speaking of the KZ Rider in Montana! :lol: This will be an Epic ride and an awesome location to perform The Relay hand off! Thanks for suggesting Kaw-a-holic!

So here we have the way things are shaping up unless another Rocky Mountain Rider appears:
---Goodcheapnfast(Peter) will hand off to Forrest(me) to conclude the Midwest Relay Leg.
---Forrest(me) to advance The Flag into The Rockies as far as N.W. Wyoming handing off to
kaw-a-holic at Yellowstone National Park @ Olde Faithful on Saturday, July 27th.
---kaw-a-holic will transport the Flag to Montana where he can coordinate the next hand
off of The Relay Flag to the next KZ Rider. This Rider may be from Idaho(Mike 0537) or
someone from Bend, OR(Motor Head & Toolmaker) or Washington(?).

How are we doing so far? Me Thinks Great so far!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna, bluej58, kaw-a-holic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 22:54 #597017

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
We might have some more interest from NEBRASKA... my bud from Wahoo might want to be crazy and make it like 5 guys going to Yellowstone. He's the one that borrowed the "Street Bob" and was at mi casa and ALL READY to go down to KS 3 WEEKS AGO and then the plug got pulled. Well, in the meantime mi bud Jason got parts from his 3 650's into his good bike and now it's running great. Called me today and asked about the flag. He's game for a ride. mY Wife's good maybe for anther chase vehicle. This is all shaping up real nice. See ya forrest and lawrence end of july -- gonna be fun! Northwest Leg next, eh?
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 23:00 #597018

• upncummr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
goodfastncheap:

I'm glad to see you're going to have some company on the ride west.

Have a safe trip!
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap, Forrest

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 23:04 #597021

• goodfastncheap
  • User
We will have a safe trip, but since we're logging a lot of miles, we will have to take a few risks to keep it interesting!
1979 KZ650 B3

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 23:45 #597030

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511

Forrest wrote:
EXACTLY!!! :P AND, Speaking of the KZ Rider in Montana! :lol: This will be an Epic ride and an awesome location to perform The Relay hand off! Thanks for suggesting Kaw-a-holic!

So here we have the way things are shaping up unless another Rocky Mountain Rider appears:
---Goodcheapnfast(Peter) will hand off to Forrest(me) to conclude the Midwest Relay Leg.
---Forrest(me) to advance The Flag into The Rockies as far as N.W. Wyoming handing off to
kaw-a-holic at Yellowstone National Park @ Olde Faithful on Saturday, July 27th.
---kaw-a-holic will transport the Flag to Montana where he can coordinate the next hand
off of The Relay Flag to the next KZ Rider. This Rider may be from Idaho(Mike 0537) or
someone from Bend, OR(Motor Head & Toolmaker) or Washington(?).

How are we doing so far? Me Thinks Great so far!

Sounds awesome -Forrest B) I wish I could join you but as luck would have it I'm finally very busy work wise.

I've ridden up there before , very pretty in the Rockies ,sorry about you guys having to stop and take so many pictures but someone has to do it.

Watch out for the Buffalo ;)

Save a couple states for later OK :P

Jack
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 23:55 #597033

• goodfastncheap
  • User
Jack I know I'll see ya where the Fox and the Illinois meet! Hope it's winter, whatta GREAT pond hockey slough. lets go HAWKS!
1979 KZ650 B3

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 17 Jul 2013 23:55 #597034

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap

Last edit: by 650ed.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 18 Jul 2013 00:12 #597037

• goodfastncheap
  • User
Tony's ribbon is on the flag. C'mon guys! Ride your KZ's!!!
1979 KZ650 B3
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 18 Jul 2013 02:11 #597059

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
The SomeWhereVille Ride is Shaping up Real Nice, I say! We will honor Tony along the way for sure. :(

Jack, Wish you could come along too. Make hay while the sun shines. We will have to slow down for a pic here and there. :silly:
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 18 Jul 2013 22:45 #597206

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
I've been in touch with Mike in Boise, ID. He sounds ready.
So ANY ONE who wants to JOIN me in meeting up with Mike in or near Boise, SPEAK UP!!!!!!
This is going to happen, Bend to Boise. If needed a leg into Washington.
If there are Washington State Riders who STILL want to be part of the Relay, SPEAK UP!!!!!
Then once the Flag is here in my hands, if there is Washington riders, well then we can meet up, either the same week or another, doesn't matter. but I won't sit for weeks with the flag. Sorry, but it Will MOVE ON. If I have to take it to WA, then down to CA, that suits me just fine. I Love riding and Love riding my KZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
B) ;) :) :P :laugh: :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :evil: :cheer:
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 18 Jul 2013 22:50 #597208

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17

Motor Head wrote: I've been in touch with Mike in Boise, ID. He sounds ready.
So ANY ONE who wants to JOIN me in meeting up with Mike in or near Boise, SPEAK UP!!!!!!
This is going to happen, Bend to Boise. If needed a leg into Washington.
If there are Washington State Riders who STILL want to be part of the Relay, SPEAK UP!!!!!
Then once the Flag is here in my hands, if there is Washington riders, well then we can meet up, either the same week or another, doesn't matter. but I won't sit for weeks with the flag. Sorry, but it Will MOVE ON. If I have to take it to WA, then down to CA, that suits me just fine. I Love riding and Love riding my KZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
B) ;) :) :P :laugh: :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :evil: :cheer:

Dunno when that leg is likely to occur, but if health and weather permits, I'd like to ride along on some part of the Bend/Boise leg - keep me in mind, and if it looks doable, will contact either Email of phone for details...
John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 18 Jul 2013 22:56 #597212

• Motor Head
  • User
Great Gary. Pm me your contact again, as I have replaced my computer since last summer.
I will Definitely give you a heads up. I would be riding through John Day for sure, at least one way.
This is getting exciting !!! B) ;) :) :woohoo:
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 18 Jul 2013 23:04 #597215

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17

Motor Head wrote: Great Gary. Pm me your contact again, as I have replaced my computer since last summer.
I will Definitely give you a heads up. I would be riding through John Day for sure, at least one way.
This is getting exciting !!! B) ;) :) :woohoo:

PM sent...
John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 18 Jul 2013 23:13 #597217

• Motor Head
  • User
Got it. Hope you don't sell before the relay. :ohmy:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 19 Jul 2013 01:21 #597244

• mike0537
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
The flag will be in Missoula MT in about 10 days I believe. As far as I know it is coming to Boise from there! So I think I may be able to do some riding the first weekend in August! Still hot here in Boise. Plenty of riding season left here! I'm just waiting to here back from kaw-a-holic who will have the flag in MT.
1980 KZ750E

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 Jul 2013 11:19 #597437

• Motor Head
  • User
I'm getting PM's from several riders here in the NW now that it looks like the Flag is going to get near here. So once it goes through Montana, and down to Boise, we have a plan for going to get it. From Bend, out east to Boise, back through some of Washington, to Bend. Then the next weekend down to California. So if the Riders from Washington State, or Canada for that matter, or someone wanting to take it to Alaska, better SPEAK UP!!
Make yourself Known that your STILL interested as last year was just that, and many members who had a pin on the map are MIA this year.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 Jul 2013 14:20 #597451

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
Wow, how do you manage to shout so convincingly through typing like that? I gotta get me some of those there capital letter thingies, too. :laugh:

Yup, still here, up in BC, still waiting. Only possible glitch is that one bike's in pieces, and the other ones being fussy, didn't think I'd see the flag this year. I'm real busy, but I'll bust my ass to get one of them roadworthy enough for a long haul. Keep me posted.

Enjoy the ride Guys, I'll see you soon.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 Jul 2013 17:02 #597470

• Motor Head
  • User

Killman wrote: Wow, how do you manage to shout so convincingly through typing like that? I gotta get me some of those there capital letter thingies, too. :laugh:

Yup, still here, up in BC, still waiting. Only possible glitch is that one bike's in pieces, and the other ones being fussy, didn't think I'd see the flag this year. I'm real busy, but I'll bust my ass to get one of them roadworthy enough for a long haul. Keep me posted.

Enjoy the ride Guys, I'll see you soon.

Yea I'm trying to get attention from people interested in the relay still, so I used the Caps and Bold etc.
So what would your plans/ route be? Where would you look to carry the Flag? Got a contact from this year or last with a plan? I know last year the plan was Link14 through the Rockies,then up into Saskatchewan, over to BC then down. But is this still viable? It looks to be hitting Montana, that would be the time to take it to the Great White North. We need someone in Alberta or east BC to get involved looks like. It sure would be nice for it to still see More of Canada. It made it to the farthest East point of the North American Continent early in the relay last year. It would be great to see it make a far West site as well as North.
I remember a thread by MTBspeedfreak that he wanted to make a trip to Alaska, and the Dalton Highway to Prudhoe Bay. Not sure if that ever happened, or if he would be doing it.
Before it comes to far west, lets see if any other Canadians are still interested, and where they are etc.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 Jul 2013 19:02 #597481

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511

goodfastncheap wrote: Jack I know I'll see ya where the Fox and the Illinois meet! Hope it's winter, whatta GREAT pond hockey slough. lets go HAWKS!

Cool ! let me know when your in town.

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg 20 Jul 2013 19:58 #597488

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
I can't give a route until I know who I'd be picking it up from. Or relaying it to. Last I heard, (which was last year) there were guys in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and Eastern BC ready to ride. That was a year ago, though. I've got no problems running it up to Alaska, always wanted to see the Sea to Sky anyways, and I used to live and work up in the interior. Wouldn't take more than a few days, maybe a week if I decided to stop and smell the bear poop.

Pretty sure the reason there's a problem finding some of these dudes is they got fed up waiting for the flag to take some weird meandering route through the Middle and Southern States when they wanted to get it done and through the Northern Rockies before the snow hit up at altitude last year. Which can be anytime from Sept. on.

Not to worry though, with a positive vibe I'm sure folks will start drifting back. And if you yanks decide it isn't worth the bother to get it to us. I'm sure we can arrange something ourselves. Maybe we'll hand off a Timmies cup and a box of doughnuts. Maybe even get some Hockey Jerseys made up, that'd be cool! :woohoo:
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack