Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 11 Jul 2013 22:23 #596087

• grantorinobro
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Holy shit I said little girl and it turned into tt turd? I want to buy a T-shirt while I can! BTFW Jim Morrison was spot on saxy!
1982 GPZ 550 piped and jetted, stupidly loud at 10k rpm
1982 GPZ 550 resurrection in progress, eta April 2014, stock form for discretionary quiet time
1991 ZX11 parted out, this one carried the flag 300+ miles, unfortunately wiring harness melted and parting out was the only option, she was great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 12 Jul 2013 00:24 #596109

• koolaid_kid
  • User
  • Thank you received: 99
Wow, you guys are brutal. :( I did a minor part in getting it from IN to IL, but it would sure be nice to see it get to the West Coast. Just saying.
1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 12 Jul 2013 00:40 #596113

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178

trianglelaguna wrote: drunk again aye Larry

Nope, but he is all JONZED UP! :lol:

Lawrence may have his own language at times and the longer I have known him the better I understand him. What he is communicating is that he is genuinely sincere in riding with the flag and advancing it further. He simply wishes more KZ Riders would step up to do the same.

I am with you Sir Lawrence! LET'S RIDE! B)
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 12 Jul 2013 00:44 #596114

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

grantorinobro wrote: Holy shit I said little girl and it turned into tt turd? I want to buy a T-shirt while I can! BTFW Jim Morrison was spot on saxy!

Yes! I want a T-Shirt Too! The Flag will soon be with "Riders On The Storm"

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 12 Jul 2013 10:20 #596146

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
Are shirts still available???? :woohoo:
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 12 Jul 2013 10:23 #596148

• Topper
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 133
I just finished up an order and need to ship the last shirt this weekend. I think I have one women's medium (really more like a small) shirt that's unclaimed.

I need to have at least 12 (and preferably 20+) shirts printed at a time to make it cost effective.

I'll post something here when I'm starting up another order.
Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna, Forrest

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 12 Jul 2013 16:59 #596210

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

Topper wrote: I just finished up an order and need to ship the last shirt this weekend. I think I have one women's medium (really more like a small) shirt that's unclaimed.

I need to have at least 12 (and preferably 20+) shirts printed at a time to make it cost effective.

I'll post something here when I'm starting up another order.

Dibs on one(1) Mens XL, one(1) Mens L, and one(1) Ladies L. That gets you one-third(1/3) of the way there for your minimum. :silly:

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 13 Jul 2013 10:24 #596290

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
I met the social media person at Seca yesterday...I am going to see if they would allow a lap of the track with the flag when it arrives to the left coast, followed by a corkscrew photo shoot and small article....they are pretty cool and their job is create social interest stories that are fan and public based to promote the track and it's ease of access policies..they post pics of people coming to the track to be part of the scene....we may be good with this one...
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, kzcurt, slayer61

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 13 Jul 2013 20:29 #596341

• 650ed
  • 650ed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Are there any members still interested in riding in this relay? If so, please post your location and the general area you can cover. It seems that now that the flag is out West there are no riders available. I was under the impression (maybe wrong) that we had members out West that had running bikes and were interested in participating in the relay. If there is still interest, perhaps the flag can be mailed to someone who can get it back on the road while good riding weather is here.

Thanks,
Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 14 Jul 2013 09:58 #596401

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Hey guys I put this ad in last year post.craigslist.org/manage/3129982556 . It worked well when the flag was stuck in mass. If someone will tell me what states I need to put it in I will post it again. The flag might still be in mass if this hadnt worked. Let me know Maybe we can get this thing moving again

Derrek
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 14 Jul 2013 12:26 #596427

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

650ed wrote: Are there any members still interested in riding in this relay? If so, please post your location and the general area you can cover. It seems that now that the flag is out West there are no riders available. I was under the impression (maybe wrong) that we had members out West that had running bikes and were interested in participating in the relay. If there is still interest, perhaps the flag can be mailed to someone who can get it back on the road while good riding weather is here.

Thanks,
Ed

Remember my reply to your post in the Rocky Mountain Leg 4 Thread over 17 hours ago? It was in response to your "Isn't Link 14 next in line." posting >>>>>>

"YUP, That is why I pinged him. This can get frustrating if KZ Riders have volunteered for the relay but do not log onto the KZ Rider forum for weeks or months at a time and their time is here& now for their part. I suggest that everyone that has offered to relay the flag should have their contact info posted up with a main coordinator or on a master thread. Real Name, Phone, Address, and Email should be disclosed. This will help if someone is truly interested or not. This should have been done from the get go. It still can help for the remainder of the relay."

Here is the actual link to that Thread in case anyone cares.>>>> www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/50...ountain-leg?start=20

I do not agree with mailing the flag. In keeping with the spirit of moving the flag by KZ not USPS; I can still go out to Omaha and pick it up. I am having a new rear tire put on my KZ. I can relay to anyone in the Rocky Mountain States. I am willing to go as far as Salt Lake City, UT Jackson Hole, WY or somewhere in Idaho. This would be solo. It is even in the cards that I am joined by one other rider(SaxJonz) and we take all the way to some other KZ Riders doorstep in one of the West Coast states. We all have other things to do in our lives but I am willing to take 4-5 days out of my non retired working life to do this. Only thing holding me up is for someone, a KZ Rider west or near the Continental Divide to step up and ride a few miles in the direction of the flag. It doesn't mean any more than a weekend ride, or a day ride or for crying out loud even 1/2 a day ride to meet up for the relay. This is why it is critically important to have a listing of all KZ Riders who offered to participate AND their contact info in a master data base with someone responsible......Like You ED!

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 14 Jul 2013 12:34 #596430

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

riturbo wrote: Hey guys I put this ad in last year post.craigslist.org/manage/3129982556 . It worked well when the flag was stuck in mass. If someone will tell me what states I need to put it in I will post it again. The flag might still be in mass if this hadnt worked. Let me know Maybe we can get this thing moving again

Derrek

Hey Derrek, good idea! The immediate states in need are KS, CO, WY, NM, MT, ID.

Anyone with ideas to get the flag moving are welcome to contribute here. I personally contacted a couple of the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club(VJMC) chapters(NE & CO). Topper contacted the KS chapter of the VJMC. We actually spoke with or emailed with responses their Field Reps. Craigs List or any other medium including personally networking is encouraged and welcome at this point. I even had a fellow in Omaha with a Suzuki GS1000 offer to carry The Flag. I informed him that this Flag needs to be carried on a KZ or other vintage Kawasaki. Sad commentary when we have other vintage enthusiasts on other makes of motorcycles offer to step up. Here is hoping some who are AWOL recently will return to this site and make good on their offer to relay The Flag.

Last edit: by Forrest. Reason: Listed states in need for Derrek.

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 16 Jul 2013 04:45 #596710

• Kawi // Twin
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I just found out about this and am willing to run the flag to wherever. I am in Los Angeles County specifically in San Pedro, CA. I can meet someone in the Sierras as far north as Mammoth Mountain or so. Awesome riding up there so I don't mind. I can meet someone eastward too like in Joshua Tree National Park or thereabouts. Basically get it in California and I can meet up or ride along with someone.

Here is my name: Cy Fernandez
Home: San Pedro, CA in Los Angeles County near Los Angeles
Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
310.613.6351 please be discreet

I work full time Monday-Friday, but weekends are available.

I own a 1978 KZ650 B2 so I know that fulfills the requirement, but I may end up riding my '85 GPz900 because the KZ motor is being rebuilt. May or may not be ready when the time comes. Cheers!

If this has not been posted on the KZ650.info site it should.
1978 KZ650 B2
forums.kz650.info/index.php?topic=3569.0

2009 Kawasaki 650R - yes it is a Ninja, but not really

1985 Ninja 900 or GPz900 for everyone else outside the USA

1984 Ninja 900 for restoration

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 16 Jul 2013 23:19 #596853

• mike0537
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Put me down for Boise ID area!
1980 KZ750E

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 16 Jul 2013 23:23 #596855

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

mike0537 wrote: Put me down for Boise ID area!

PM Me or post in the Northwest relay page when ever you end up with it. I'll come get it from you, I'm in Bend Oregon with a couple of other members. We might make a nice ride out of it. Definitely more than ready for the Flag to get to you, then me!
B)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 17 Jul 2013 19:15 #596991

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

Kawi // Twin wrote: I just found out about this and am willing to run the flag to wherever. I am in Los Angeles County specifically in San Pedro, CA. I can meet someone in the Sierras as far north as Mammoth Mountain or so. Awesome riding up there so I don't mind. I can meet someone eastward too like in Joshua Tree National Park or thereabouts. Basically get it in California and I can meet up or ride along with someone.

Here is my name: Cy Fernandez
Home: San Pedro, CA in Los Angeles County near Los Angeles
Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
310.613.6351 please be discreet

I work full time Monday-Friday, but weekends are available.

I own a 1978 KZ650 B2 so I know that fulfills the requirement, but I may end up riding my '85 GPz900 because the KZ motor is being rebuilt. May or may not be ready when the time comes. Cheers!

If this has not been posted on the KZ650.info site it should.

NOW THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE LADIES & GENTLEMEN!!! B)

Thank you Cy for stepping up with all the contact information needed to keep you and others in the loop. It must be a KZ650 thang! ;) :laugh:

Cy, as The Flag advances I suggest keep checking in on this thread as well as see if there is a specific West Coast Thread Started. Flame On if there already is! :blink: I suggest others wishing to participate do the same. Also, if anyone is not as brave or comfortable placing all their contact information out here on the open forum then PM 650ed. He is as close to being in charge and coordinating this as anyone I know. BTW, Ed would you please "Pin" CY Fernandez in his hometown area. Also please "Pin Me" somewhere out west of Omaha in what Peter describes as the Sand Hills(N.W. NE)as I am taking the relay hand off from Goodcheapnfast . Thank You!

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 17 Jul 2013 19:28 #596993

• 650ed
  • 650ed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
I'm not the pin person (I'm not being uncooperative, I just don't think I have access or software or something (maybe brains?) to do it.) The link below should help folks get on the map. I think you start by clicking on "Join The Ride." Ed

vintagekawasakirelay.com/#
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Last edit: by 650ed.

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 17 Jul 2013 19:31 #596995

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

650ed wrote: I'm not the pin person (I'm not being uncooperative, I just don't think I have access or software or something (maybe brains?) to do it.) The link below should help folks get on the map. I think you start by clicking on "Join The Ride." Ed

vintagekawasakirelay.com/#

See? You are at least The Answer Man! Thanks Ed! You Rock! B)

OK, Everyone Pin yerselves if you can! Here We Go! :) :side: :silly: :whistle:
*********************************************************************************************

:woohoo: Success! This Techno Impaired Old Schooler did it! I am on the map! :evil:

Last edit: by Forrest. Reason: Pinned It!

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 17 Jul 2013 22:29 #597013

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
Peter B Huestis
Bellevue, Ne
(402) 871-7665

Thanks everybody for stepping up! I'm in the mood to do another state, and it would be great to have another vintage KZ or two staggered in the right lane!
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com 17 Jul 2013 23:39 #597028

• Kawi // Twin
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Just pinned myself on the map. I suggest when you pin yourself on the map that you put your contact information on it (cell, email, address whatever). We did put ourselves on the map so someone can contact us to join in right? ;)

Cy
1978 KZ650 B2
forums.kz650.info/index.php?topic=3569.0

2009 Kawasaki 650R - yes it is a Ninja, but not really

1985 Ninja 900 or GPz900 for everyone else outside the USA

1984 Ninja 900 for restoration