Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Yoshimura R&D Superbike 10 May 2013 08:50 #586687

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
Avon has an AM26 race version in a 90/90/19 you could use on the front. It's what I had to go with as I couldn't swing an 18" swap this year.

Here's the non-DOT race tire list from Avon USA: www.avonmoto.com/products/non-dot-race-tires

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yoshimura R&D Superbike 10 May 2013 17:05 #586769

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 664

trianglelaguna wrote: turbo is right

just pick a name for your project and start it's own thread....gammas dusted off racer.....etc...and daydream and ask questions there...posting pics and ideas,,,,use that thread as the platform to gather info while whetting the stone with a pic now and again to get new readers the idea of your bikes direction...then when you start spinning wrenches or /swapping/trading/begging/buying folks will follow along...and all your previous questions and links will be in one place for easy reference.....you can click your avatar anytime you log back in and find threads you chatted on and the main thread your project runs in....

OK thats what I will do then. But I will need a real neat sounding name for my thread. Back in the days of the Vetter/Kawasaki Superbike, there was a racer from Indy that had the "Better Than Nothing" KZ superbike. So in honor of Dave Kaler and his KZ1000 Superbike thats going to be the name of my thread!!!!!!
1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.

Yoshimura R&D Superbike 10 May 2013 19:06 #586777

• mtbspeedfreak
  • mtbspeedfreak's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36

Dr. Gamma wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote: turbo is right

just pick a name for your project and start it's own thread....gammas dusted off racer.....etc...and daydream and ask questions there...posting pics and ideas,,,,use that thread as the platform to gather info while whetting the stone with a pic now and again to get new readers the idea of your bikes direction...then when you start spinning wrenches or /swapping/trading/begging/buying folks will follow along...and all your previous questions and links will be in one place for easy reference.....you can click your avatar anytime you log back in and find threads you chatted on and the main thread your project runs in....

OK thats what I will do then. But I will need a real neat sounding name for my thread. Back in the days of the Vetter/Kawasaki Superbike, there was a racer from Indy that had the "Better Than Nothing" KZ superbike. So in honor of Dave Kaler and his KZ1000 Superbike thats going to be the name of my thread!!!!!!

Please do! I'd love to hear more about the history and future plans!
2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

Yoshimura R&D Superbike 25 Mar 2014 12:15 #626533

• mtbspeedfreak
  • mtbspeedfreak's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36
Hey guys,

I am regretfully putting my Z1 superbike project up for sale. After sitting on this stuff for close to two years, I realized that I won't have the time or money to properly devote to this for the next decade. I need to get my KZ900 running right and I need a new primary vehicle, so the toy motorcycle has to go.

I'd prefer to get rid of everything in one fell swoop so I don't have to deal with shipping 4 different times, 4 different buyers, and waiting for payment to clear 4 different times. I am located in Houston, TX. I am happy to work with you on shipping options
  • I am selling a 1975 Kawasaki Z1B project bike with a clear title. It's not pretty, but it is in reasonable condition for a project of this nature. Included is the engine in it now, as well as the original engine. Both are seized, but at the very least you'll want to keep the cases to the correct VIN engine for authenticity purposes. It also comes with a bunch of extra parts, such as another Z1 gas tank [it's in rough shape though, don't know if it can be used], and another Z1 brake caliper.
  • Also selling the AMA Superbike engine that raced in the 1982 Daytona 200 [I've spoken to the man who built it, Carry Andrews, of Andrews Cams]. Nice porting job, oversized valves, it's a 1075 I believe, has a windage tray so lord knows what underneath that... . Also comes with a nice aluminum shipping crate which is not shown.
  • Next is one of the more unique things I've seen on here. A set of Mikuni VM29 Smoothbore carburetors that have been "ported & polished" most likely by Pops Yoshimura himself! Notice the old Yoshimura sticker on the float bowl. I purchased these from DutchZ while I still lived in SoCal who IIRC purchased them from someone who lived close to North Hollywood, CA where his original shop was. Comes with the aluminum velocity stacks, as well as plastic stacks with K&N filters that fit around them so you can run an air filter and still get the benefit of velocity stacks.
  • Last, but certainly not least, A Yoshimura Stage II 4-1 exhaust system.

kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/593203-z1-...ike-project-for-sale

PM me if you're interested!

Thanks for the consideration,
Mark
2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

Yoshimura R&D Superbike 28 Mar 2014 06:13 #626876

• turboguzzi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 72
PM sent...