Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Biker Boyz
77KZ1000A

[*] posted on 11-6-2003 at 06:45
Biker Boyz

I watched this movie last night and thought it was pretty cool. For us old guys in our 40's smoke was kind of a cool guy, almost reminded me of my own glory days.

I especially liked the "line"..

Burn rubber, not your soul...sounds like good advise to me.
Peace
clawson
Postaholic

[*] posted on 11-6-2003 at 06:55

That's the one with Laurence Fishburne, right?

cl

1976 KZ400 D3
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member clawson's Aim
77KZ1000A

[*] posted on 11-6-2003 at 07:40

yep
CrazyKawy

Mood: Need, not want

[*] posted on 30-6-2003 at 23:41

ya i gotta say i enjoyed the movie and so did my girlfriend!!

1984 KZ700(bored 750) My Baby!
1976 Suzuki TC185
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member CrazyKawy's Aim
madkaw11
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-7-2003 at 09:09

That movie was pretty kool, i like the KZ1000! Theres a better shot of it in the special features. It's Orlando Jones actual bike!:D

'81 kz1100 a1

IN JUST 2 DAYS TOMORROW WILL BE YESTERDAY!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member madkaw11's Aim
kawtoy
Postaholic

[*] posted on 1-7-2003 at 09:15

The bikes were cool but all that sincronized stuff like putting down the kickstands at the same time and taking off their helmets at the same time was kinda gay. If they did that around some real bikers, they would get laughed off the street. The bike that tha main actor rode ( Kid I think) was on ebay a few weeks ago. Only went for like $6000. Not bad if it was bad as it looked in the movie.
cncer69

Mood: A to the M-Fing

[*] posted on 1-7-2003 at 14:04

I thought the same thing about the synchronized stuff. I asked my wife if she thought they all got together to rehearse thier moves during the week. I can just imagine a Fem instructer(maybe like Richard Simmons?) in sweatpants giving instructions. "C'mon People...Lets work TOGETHER!! WE CAN DO THIS!!":D

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by cncer69]

'04 R1!
kawtoy
Postaholic

[*] posted on 1-7-2003 at 14:45

Yea. Kind of like the hair bands from the 80's that had syncronized kicks and jumps. You know they got together and practiced looking cool instead of making better music. Can't wait till i see they first group of 18 year olds on their new plastic bikes ( that mom bought them) trying to copy the movie thinking that is what real riders do. Should be a good laugh if nothing else.
Tod

Mood: FINALLY RUNNING

[*] posted on 8-7-2003 at 00:17

I thought the story with the Dad dying who isn't really his Dad and all that was pretty cool...but the synchronized shit was way too stupid looking. Like the dramatic way that Smoke rolls up to the first race it shows him in, in the back of some truck or whatever. All the crap where they try to make riding look so cool or whatever ends up looking fucking stupid, and it's almost too much to sit and watch.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Tod's Aim Tod's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Tod's Yahoo
Tod

[*] posted on 17-7-2003 at 16:15

Did anybody notice the Easy Rider bike in that movie? It makes a cameo, where the "Biker Boys" are getting beat up by some guys in Fresno(?) and Smoke comes to save the day. He pays back what they gipped from that poor kid double, and as the gang of chopped bikes rides away somebody's riding on a bike exactly like the American Flag Harley in Easy Rider.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Tod's Aim Tod's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Tod's Yahoo
scribby

Mood: Busy!

[*] posted on 26-7-2003 at 13:09
Thanks for the review!

Thanks a lot for your input on the movie! I didn't have any intentions to see the movie but really value your opinions! In fact, now that I know there is a KZ in there, I HAVE to see it!!!
chevroletwizard
Posting Freak

Mood: new controversy

[*] posted on 26-7-2003 at 16:54

i went and rented that movie last week. umm i wasn't going to find and resurect this postto say something about it. but since it has jumped back to the today page i'll add my input.
the sync kickstand thing was way gay! i laughed and honestly thats all i remembered about the movie from the post. i say this not trying to sound in any way prejedist ( i know thats not spelled right but u get it ) but i can count on my two hands how many times i have seen a man of color on a bike period. i dont even need to take my shoes off yet. i know i dont live in a big city. but i grew up for a while in one and have visited others ince i grew up ( up for debate on the grown up part. ) but hey maybe i havent been to the right place yet. lol.
i think if you are renting it to see a KZ well guess wut there a lot of plastic in there .lol have fun
the stunts were cool probably the best part. other than that i thought it was one of the worst movies i have seen.
i rented fast and furious a while ago , ( get this ) because it had a muscle car on the front of the box. knew nothing of the movie. took it home and it's all hondas and lil popping 4 banger wanna be race cars with ugly grafics and big wings on the rear. the muscle car comes out at the near end and is wasted in about 3 minutes. talk about a disapointing movie.
i thought fast and furious sucked, and i thought biker boyz sucked too. but thats just me. they say you can't judge a book by it's cover, well they nailed it on the fast and furious. lol

FOUR WHEEL, THREE WHEEL, TWO WHEEL, FUN

80' KZ1000G Z1 classic , injection nomore. got carbs.

I miss my ex....but my aim is improving.

Wheres Mule now?
Stef
Postaholic

[*] posted on 26-7-2003 at 17:10

I have to second what chevroletwizard said. I wasn't going to post, but since it's on the today's page..

It really was a bad movie. If you like to see plastic bikes and bad acting, then by all means rent the movie :p Some of the stunts were cool and I really didn't know you could do some of that stuff on an ATV.

-Stef

1979 KZ400 LTD with 440 top end, 2-1 exhaust/supertrapp baffle, and pod filters. More to come.
chevroletwizard
Posting Freak

Mood: new controversy

[*] posted on 26-7-2003 at 17:24

pheew thanks stef, i forgot about the four wheeler boyz. wut was up with running them on the road with the street bikes???? lol . granted there are some hauling ass four wheelers out there but gimme a break. lol

FOUR WHEEL, THREE WHEEL, TWO WHEEL, FUN

80' KZ1000G Z1 classic , injection nomore. got carbs.

I miss my ex....but my aim is improving.

Wheres Mule now?
scribby

Mood: Busy!

[*] posted on 26-7-2003 at 21:44
Thanks again!!!

Thanks again for the additional reviews guys. I'm sure everyone who hasn't seen the movie yet will appreciate them. I will probably still choose to see the movie but will be more prepared. At least I won't go into it expecting an academy-award-nomination grade movie. If I'm prepared, I won't be so let down but will open the possibilities for being impressed by not expecting much. On that note, watch for a post on an easy-riders review. Thanks again guys for ALL of your input!
Smokeydoge
Postaholic

Mood: ~unstable~

[*] posted on 27-7-2003 at 12:52

We just watched it a couple nights ago. I gotta say it was a lot better than I expected. Still not great, but not as bad as F&F 1 (haven't seen F&F 2- not on video yet :P !!). Now THAT was a sucky movie !!!!

:cool:

1976 KZ900 A4
1978 KZ1000 A2A
1986 XV 1100 Virago

[img]http://users3.ev1.net/~smokeydoge/calvin.jpg[/img][img]http://users3.ev1.net/~smokeydoge/kzlogo-color-120.jpg[/img]

...I would not be a member of any club that would have ME as a member.... cept this one, of course !!!!!
fightingbouncer
Posting Freak

Mood: Swing!

[*] posted on 12-8-2003 at 18:08

Watched it last night, pretty cool stunts, I know a guy, kinda a friend of mine, but kinda think he is an idiot at the same time,that can crazy stunts like that. He is not afraid of dying, and it makes for a good show. Has anyone played Road Rash 2? He was one of the riders in the little movie at the beginning of the game! And he tried out for a part in the Rough Ryders Video for DMX!

Burn rubber, not your soul!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member fightingbouncer's ICQ status
WILD MAN

Mood: WISHING I HAD A

[*] posted on 12-8-2003 at 19:17

I thought the movie looked stupid, but since there's a KZ in it I've got to see it now. Thanks guys for telling me.
F1Rocco

Mood: Irish

[*] posted on 13-8-2003 at 02:39

I didnt notice the Kz.Soul Trains bike looks to be a Gpz or ninja I cant really tell.Has anyone else figured it out?
cncer69

Mood: A to the M-Fing

[*] posted on 14-8-2003 at 17:29

chevroletwizard, not to sound racist either, but a lot of the urban crotch rocket crowd is made up of black men. An example is I think the Rough Riders. Also, check out all the X-treme stunt videos at the bike shops. You'll see what I mean.

'04 R1!
Tod

[*] posted on 4-9-2003 at 16:26

[quote][i]Originally posted by F1Rocco[/i]
I didnt notice the Kz.Soul Trains bike looks to be a Gpz or ninja I cant really tell.Has anyone else figured it out? [/quote]

I think that it was Soul Train's bike, wasn't it?

1979 LTD 400
kzdad

Mood: 1980 kz1000 z-1

[*] posted on 19-8-2004 at 16:19

the stingking remark about black man
not ridering bike sucks.i became apart of this gruop to talk to men who love motocycles.man it sucks thet pepole is still
triping on that crapp.this sucks
mulekick

[*] posted on 19-8-2004 at 16:26

Easy newbie no one on here posted anything racist...................

kzdad

Mood: 1980 kz1000 z-1

[*] posted on 19-8-2004 at 17:02

you could not have read the same crapp
i did then
DaVinster

Mood: Cuttin

[*] posted on 19-8-2004 at 17:06

I have Biker boyz on DVD not that bad of a flick i've never thought of trying some of those tricks on a quad around here color doesn't really madder when it comes to bikes everyone rides or doesn't gangs wit gangs and independents with whoever you see a bunch of bikes chances are it not just one gang or they might not be a gang at... like I said With all the riders around here I have never seen one with blood rollin down his face because of another biker that it untill this weekend when i get ahold of the sorry S.O.B that cut the chain on my cbr -- Sorry got off subject but then again what else is new-

1992 CBR 600 F2 With some other toys
If you Can't fix it.. Make SURE No one can!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member DaVinster's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger DaVinster's Yahoo
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top